...

Monday, May 7, 2012

Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lip Balm in Rhubarb

I'm addicted to lip balms, I admit it.  I have to have something on my lips at all times or I just don't feel right.  The makeup bag in my purse is devoted exclusively to lip butters/balms/glosses and nothing else, as that's the only makeup item that gets reapplied throughout the day. 

Rhubarb
While I don't exclusively use natural or organic products, I do veer towards them and prefer them if they work well.  That's been hit or miss for me, but that's also true with the mainstay cosmetic brands I've tried.  With lip balms in particular, I have not had much success in finding natural and organic products that wowed me or that I've stayed loyal to.  I do keep trying though, which brings me to Alima Pure!  Alima Pure is a new to me brand featuring mineral makeup products and has BDIH natural cosmetics certification, a highly coveted German certification for natural cosmetics. 

Shade
I bought this lip balm from Birchbox recently, after they sent me a Happy 6th month anniversary discount code.  It normally retails for $7.99 and is available in Cranberry, Mango, and Rhubarb.  Rhubarb is a warm, muted pink that gives a nice "my lips but better" look to lip with an impressive array of good for you ingredients (see below).  Peppermint gives a nice cooling sensation, cocoa and shea butters help to retain moisture, and sweet almond oil conditions lips.  However, when I wore this for a full day, my lips felt like they needed more - more moisture, more lubrication, more something.  Since the color is so subtle, I won't be wearing this particular shade for it's color, and since I found myself feeling like I needed something more on my lips, it was a fail for me.  I love the concept behind the company and the ingredients, but this lip balm is probably not one I'll be reaching for on a regular basis.

Sun
Ingredients: Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Organic Beeswax, Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Seed) Butter, Organic Punica Granatum Linn (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Essential Oil, Organic Punica Granatum Linn (Pomegranate Extract), Tocopherol. May Contain [+/-]: Minca (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

No comments:

Post a Comment