...

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Estee Lauder Delectable Lacquers Gift Set

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Yesterday I showed you the Estee Lauder Color Portfolio, but now let me show you the Delectable Lacquers gift set.  I've got a few Estee Lauder polishes that must be at least 17 years old that I got in a holiday set.  I remembered the quality being good and one of the colors is a gorgeous duochrome, which was pretty cutting edge at the time!
Black Plum, Smashed, Fallen Angel, So Vain
Housed in a pretty and sturdy cardboard box with a magnetic closure, the Delectable Lacquers set contains 4 polishes ranging from vampy to classic.  I was especially attracted to the two purple shades, Black Plum and Smashed.
Black Plum
Black Plum is the color of Pinot Noir, which I noticed as I was drinking a glass while polishing my nails Tuesday night.  There is hint of shimmer in the bottle, but it's not really visible on the nail unless in bright light.  I'll have pictures in my Friday NOTD post.
Smashed
Smashed, on the other hand, is similar in color but contains fuschia pink and royal blue shimmer.  Gorgeous.
Fallen Angel
We then go classic with Fallen Angel, a deep red creme, and neutral with So Vain, a light cocoa with a subtle gold shimmer.  
So Vain
Estee Lauder polishes are on the pricey side at $20 for a .33 oz. bottle, but this gift set is a more reasonable $27.50.  The bottles are smaller though  at .17 oz, which still works out to be a better price per ounce ($27.50 vs. $40 for roughly the same amount).  Overall, a nice little gift set for the polish lover, or you could keep it for yourself, which I obviously did :-)
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Halloween, and Lulu says trick or treat!

2 comments:

  1. Wow smashed is soo gorgeous! I can't wait to see a swatch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! The colors look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete