...

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunkissed Beauty Mosaic Powder Compact by Essence

The German brand Essence continues to impress me with their uber affordable yet good quality line of cosmetics.  For example, the Sunkissed Beauty Mosaic Compact Powder is only $4.49 yet provides the fair-skinned with a natural looking, lightly tanned look.
I'm not going to call Sunkissed Beauty a bronzer, because it's more than that.  It can be used as an all over face powder when you blend all the colors together.  Or, it can be used as a highlighter when you use a smaller brush to concentrate on the lighter shades.  Alternatively, you can focus on the dark tan colors for contouring.
But get this:  it also works really well for a neutral eye look that's a step beyond naked.  Quite versatile, no?
Don't let the sparkles scare you off, as they are not of the disco ball variety.  Instead, they keep the color from looking flat yet in no way magnify skin imperfections, of which I've got plenty.
Here I used Sunkissed on both my eyes and face, including as a blush.
If you want to amp it up a bit, add in a bit more color on your cheeks and lips, as well a some inner eye shimmer.  I used Essence's Autumn Peach blush on the apples of my cheeks (review coming soon) and Revlon's Lip Butter in Candy Apple on my lips.  The inner eye shimmer is courtesy of Laura Mercier's Rose Gold Caviar Pencil (such a beauty, see full review here).
Sunkissed Beauty does kick up a lot of powder, but that doesn't translate to chalkiness on the skin. Overall, I'm impressed and will keep my eye out for more bargain beauties from Essence!

No comments:

Post a Comment