Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Disclaimer: I purchased this.I came across Coral Candy in the marked down bin at Rite Aid a while back, which motivated me to finally try out this blush formula. I've read reviews on them that indicated they were not that long wearing, but given the discounted price ($3.79) I decided it was time to put it to the test.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Body Cream: I enjoyed this - it has a nice scent (honey and sunflower oil are featured ingredients) and did a good job of moisturizing my legs. I would purchase a full size at $24.
- Algenist Eye Renewal Balm: featuring ingredients like Alguronic Acid combined with vitamin C, caffeine, cucumber, aloe and green tea extracts, this is a nice eye cream. Pricey at $65 though, and I wasn't wowed enough to pony up at that price.
- LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser: this wet wipe type cleanser is 99.25% natural and paraben free, and I thought it did a good job of refreshing and degreasing my skin on a weekend no makeup day, which is when I typically use cleansing towelettes. I'd consider these, for sure.
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation in Nude: having this sample reminded me that I actually have a full sized bottle that I've been neglecting, albeit in a different shade (Sand). Bottom line, probably the best matte liquid foundation I've tried. Here's the weird thing, though: swatched side by side Nude and Sand look exactly the same to me. Tell me if I'm wrong:
|Wearing Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder in Nude|
- Weleda Sea Buckthorn body lotion: Eh. A decent, lightweight body lotion that features a natural ingredient list.
- LaLicious Vanilla body butter: loved both the scent and formula of this one. Sadly, LaLicious seems to have changed formula recently (I know the packaging has, and my mother swears that the Sugar Kiss version no longer has the long lasting scent she enjoyed).
- Josie Maran Be Spirited Sweet Citrus hand cream: part of the Hand Healers set (review here), I liked this but not enough to seek out a full-sized version, although I think this was a limited edition scent anyhow.
- Farmhouse Fresh One Fine Day Flawless Face Polish (full review here): holy grail facial scrub for me here. Initially I thought the formula would be too rich for me to use year round, but I was wrong. LOVE this stuff, need to get another jar.
- Dead Sexy by Shea Butter Lotion by TokyoMilk (full review here): featuring notes of deep vanilla, exotic wood, white orchid, and ebony, I enjoyed using this as my nighttime hand lotion. Nice.
- Clarin's Toning Lotion with Camomile: the dry skin version of Clarin's alcohol free toner, it did a nice job of cleaning without stripping my skin. I'm using the oily skinned version now that my skin is in oil hyper drive brought on by the warmer weather.
- Posie Balm by Benetint (review here): I liked Posie Balm more than I was expecting to, but have more than enough lip balms in my life at the moment.
- Firming Eye Serum by Reviva Labs: I thought the texture and feel of this serum was lovely. The generous size and natural-based ingredient list meant the expiration date came before I was finished, so I used it generously on my hands as well. I'd repurchase, especially at it's uber reasonable prince of around $19. I've seen it on sale online for as little as $8.
It will only be a few more days until it's time to post May's empties, so I'm glad I finally got these posted :-)
Friday, May 22, 2015
Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore.
James Bond: I must be dreaming.
Here's something I didn't know, having not read Ian Fleming's novel Goldfinger: Pussy Galore and her organized crime girl gang were all lesbians. Of course the movie did not explicitly go there, and of course James Bond managed to seduce Pussy Galore despite her having told him "You can turn off the charm. I'm immune." It was 1964, and he is James Bond, after all.
here), although Pussy Galore is definitely the more interesting of the Bond girl characters, IMO.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Disclaimer: I purchased this.Can you believe I got this Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer over a year ago and have barely worn it? What's wrong with me, because this baby is gorgeous!
Monday, May 18, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
Disclaimer: I purchased this.Eden by Julep is a deep indigo with purple undertones, or a blurple. My bottle had started to separate so I decided I better rescue this baby from neglect. The label says it was released in 2013, so it's been sitting on my shelf for a while.