Friday, March 7, 2014
Thursday, March 6, 2014
|Just This Once Jamie|
|Maggie and I soaking up Vitamin D between photos|
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Disclaimer: I purchased this.Nude Compliment may be my favorite of the 4 new Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows I purchased from the Maybelline Dare to Go Nude spring collection. I love a good taupe, and as you will soon see from some comparison swatches below, a true taupe in a cream product is not that easy to find. Or at least not in my collection.
|L-R: Juju, Bedroom Eyes, Shimmering Taupe, Nude Compliment, Gunmetal, Rehab|
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
this month! I'll be wearing this overnight to condition my lashes and hopefully help them grow longer and stronger. Instructions say to use 3x's per week, and it looks like the travel sized tube is what is selling at the Lauren Brooke website for $10.
- Vitamin B Complex: Promotes blood circulation. Strengthens & stimulates hair growth.
- Chia Seed: Rich in omega-3 linolenic acid. Moisturizing. Helps protect moisture balance.
- Horsetail: Rich in bio-available silica. Stimulates hair growth.
- Burdock: Contains abundant hair-nourishing minerals to feed & nourish hair. Reverses thinning.
Monday, March 3, 2014
- Pure Fiji Coconut Body Butter: a holy grail, love how rich it is as well as tropical coconut scent.
- Whisk Pomegranate Body Butter: nice, just received this in my February Birchbox, and it's already gone!
- Lancome Nutrix Royal Body Butter: rich and moisturizing, but I'm not a fan of the fragrance. Regardless, the formula was kind to my winter skin.
- Natural Heavenly Body Lavender Vanilla 100% Shea Butter: to die for. Loved the formula and the scent. This was a sample from Eco Emi and I must get more.
- Rite Aid Renewal Sulfate Free Color Protect Moisturizing Shampoo: Woo, that's a mouthful.
- Serge Normant Meta Silk shampoo: This was part of the mega GWP from SpaceNK's autumn beauty event. You can see what else I received here.
- Nick Chavez Advanced Volume shampoo
Next are some miscellaneous items, all of which I really liked!
- Zoya Remove+: received as a GWP and it effectively removes polish. Definite like!
- DHC Renewing AHA Cream: Good stuff, this is my second bottle. I think it's expired, however, hence why I'm tossing with a bit left in it.
- Arcona ReoZone SPF 40: Another GWP from Beauty.com. I'd wear this when I was working in the yard or walking the dogs on the weekend, makeup free. There was something about the mousse like texture that was appealing, although the scent was borderline.
- Ojon Nature's Golden Elixer
- Phytolisse Serum de Finition
- Caudalie Divine Oil
Next are the foil samples used up this month:
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing shampoo/conditioner: liked, which may be a first with me for Fakkai products.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: used for arm swatching, as the new formula doesn't work as well on my lids.
- Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser: nice, but at $42 for less than 4 ounces? I just can't see spending that on a cleanser that goes done the drain.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: nice, but didn't wow me.
- MD Formulations Facial Cleanswer: I'm throwing away a full packet, so that should tell you something. I couldn't tell it was removing anything, which was confirmed with a used a toner afterwards.
- bareMinerals Puifying Facial Cleanser: I liked, and considering it's more reasonably priced at $20, I would consider purchasing.
- DHC Velvet Skin Coat: one of the first silicone based primers I ever tried. Good, but I'm not a fan of that heavy silicone feel.
- Bath & Body Works Essential Oil Cinnamon Bark in Clove Oil: I must have bought this 10 years ago, and they are now discontinued. I wore it as a fragrance periodically, and finished what was left in my fragrance burner.
- Black Alchemy Phoenix Lab assorted perfume oils: These were are free imps included with purchases that I did not care for as a personal scent. Perfect for scenting the house, however.
Sunday, March 2, 2014
- eat better: cook more and eat out less
- exercise more: practice yoga/Pilates again, use a standing desk at work, run 2x/week
- lose 20 lbs
- declutter house
- no buy on makeup/beauty items until Sephora F&F sale
|Lulu lounging while I work|
|Yep, I got one|
So, any signs of spring where you are at yet?
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Disclaimer: I purchased this.There are two colors I especially associate with spring: soft pinks and light greens. Now that the weather is starting to warm up where I live (thank you semi-tropical climate zone), I pulled out one of my Tarte LipSurgence pencils called Sweet to wear for the week. I don't know why I've been neglecting my LipSurgence lip pencils, but I've got to say Sweet has renewed my appreciation:-)