...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Surratt Lipslique in Ladybug

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I indulged in a few Surratt Beauty products way back in April of 2014, when they were exclusive to Barneys.  Founded by Troy Surratt, the line is supposed to combine "the elegance of Paris, the innovation of Tokyo, and the experience of a top New York makeup artist" - Troy himself, who began his career working with makeup legend Kevyn Aucoin and also helped launch Tarte Cosmetics.  No slouch there.
I didn't review Ladybug at the time since the products were hard to locate and the dwindling stock wasn't being replenished online, as far as I could tell.  However, now that Sephora is carrying Surratt Beauty, time to remedy that!
Ladybug is described as a warm coral, and does a really good job capturing the color of real ladybugs.  I can remember rock climbing in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina once and getting swarmed by Ladybugs.  Fortunately, that's not an insect swarm that would scare me, and you don't want to freak out when clinging to a rock face.
The Lipsliques have a design feature (some would say a flaw) that's important to be aware of:  they twist up but will not twist down.  Beyond that, they are easy to apply and Ladybug provides a sheer, glossy  medium orange tint to the lips.  The formula features Macadamia Seed Oil and Vitamin E and wears comfortably for about 3 hours on me, which is decent for a relatively non-sticky gloss.
Here's the biggest drawback for me in acquiring more Lipliques:  they are $34 and they are small - about half the size of a Revlon Lip Butter.  Which they kind of remind me of, except Revlon's Lip Butters are about $7-$8.  I'm not sure there's anything distinct enough about the Lipsliques unless you find a unique shade (Ladybug is somewhat unique to my collection), but there are 18 different shades to tempt you. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I could justify this particular product, but I'm thinking about investing in a custom palette this upcoming pay day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered that before myself. Surratt blushes are soooo nice.

      Delete