|Clinique Meet Your Mask gift set ($29.50)|
restore radiance and revitalize dull, dehydrated looking complexions.
First, a mini-rant: this mask has some great ingredients in it, so why does Clinique make their ingredient lists so hard to find online? I threw the box away and it took a bit of digging online to find what is actually in this. Fortunately, beautypedia.com came to the rescue (they give this one 5 stars, incidentally):
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, PEG-40 Stearate, PEG-8, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Porphyra Yezoensis (Algae) Extract, Sucrose, Yeast Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Isohexadecane, Caffeine, Nylon-12, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium RNA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfite, Calcium Chloride, Carbomer, Sodium Metabisulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide.
So, this has moisturizing (sweet almond oil, squalane), antioxidant (birch bark, apple fruit, barley, cucumber) and anti-inflammatory (turmeric) ingredients galore. Although my skin is quite oily, I'm now of the mindset that it still needs intense moisture on occasion and non-pore clogging levels of moisture all the time. I'm actually seeing a reduction in the amount of oil my skin produces now that I've upped my efforts in hydration.
- Nitroffeine™ 14%: Provides an immediate temporary ‘zing’ sensation; provides awakening and fatigue reduction.
- Juvelane™ 2.5%: Designed to activate retinol-like activity without the disadvantages.
- Dihydroxymethylchromone: Supports natural collagen synthesis and reduces its breakdown.
- Cyclicpeptide: Fights visible signs of aging.
- Troxerutin: Supports natural capillary microcirculation.
- Ectoin: Repairs and defends.
- TEAOXI™ Peppermint Technology: Activates sensory trpm8 cold compression to de-puff eyes; helps skin look noticeably smoother and brighter.
It's okay, but nothing I would lay out that kind of money for. Online reviews are decidedly mixed, so I'm sure your mileage may vary (YMMV).
- -Silicone Dioxide: Extracts dirt and excess oil and absorbs sebum.
- -Salicylic Acid: Helps loosen blackheads and unclogs pores.
- -Glycolic Acid: Exfoliates and softens skin.
- -Eijitsu Rose: Helps tighten pores.
I personally have never found anything that completely eliminates the blackheads on my nose area, but this one did absorb oil and temporarily tighten my pores. If I was good about using it regularly, it could have potential. Considering I only have a trial size and $47 is more than I want to pay...
|Post-facial + makeup|