...

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Grateful Yogi: November Yogi Surprise Jewelry Box

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I've been remiss in posting my Yogi Surprise jewelry boxes the past few months. Last month's box was missing the bracelet, and it took about a month of back and forth emails before it was resolved. Turns out there was not an extra bracelet to send me, so they sent October's lifestyle box instead, so I'm happy :-)  I'm also happy with November's jewelry box, so let's take a look!
If you are not familiar with this subscription box, for $24.99 per month you will receive two pieces of jewelry and some type of organic treat.  The minimum guaranteed value of each box is $64.99, and the jewelry is handcrafted in Bali and is fair trade. November's jewelry are a matching Yew Wood and Fire Agate "Gratitude" bracelet and necklace.
The bracelet has a lovely tree of life charm, which is a symbol acknowledging the unification of humanity with the universe as a whole and is recognized in many faiths, including Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hindu, and Baha'i.
The Yew tree is known as the tree of resurrection and eternity or the goddess tree, as it embodies the crone aspect of the triple Goddess.  It symbolizes perseverance in the face of adversity and is associated with the winter solstice. Yew wood is thought to protect against evil and heighten psychic abilities. All parts of the tree except for the fleshy berry are poisonous, and the leaves and bark contain small amounts of the cancer inhibiting Taxol. The trees can live to be 2000 years old, which is amazing!
I love the design of the necklace, which features a single string of alternating yew wood and fire agate beads hanging from an antiqued metal chain.  Fire agate is highly regarded as a strengthening and stabilizing influence, and has a lower vibrational frequency than other stones. Fire agate increases emotions and helps to reconnect you to your deepest desires and can help with breaking out of humdrum routines.  Hmmm, I need this, as I've been feeling rather stuck and in a rut lately. It has protective properties that build a shield around the body and return intended harm back to its source. Dang.
The chocolate bar is from Raaka and features apples, cinnamon and graham crackers.  Mine was melted as it sat in my mailbox all day when the temps were still hitting the mid-80's. I love the wrapper and general artisinal vibe of this brand, although paying $10 for a chocolate bar is outside the norm for me.
If you want to experience monthly seasonal micro-batch chocolate bars, Raaka is offering a subscription service called First Nibs, and info is in the card below.
I'm loving November's box! I wear bracelets from my Yogi Surprise boxes every day, usually two or three stacked together with my watch. The sneak peek of December's necklace has got me excited with it's clean lines and quartz crystal - very striking.
If you are interested in this subscription box, I've got a Referral Code I would appreciate you using, or you can go straight to Yogi Surprise to sign up. I've been happy with this subscription service and now that I've seen how their Customer Service resolves problems, feel like I can wholeheartedly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment