...

Friday, July 14, 2017

NYX Night Glow and Sweet Cloud Lid Lingerie Eye Tints

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
I've got a weakness for cream eye shadows, and the NYX Lid Lingerie Eye Tints are reasonably priced at $6.99 and have gotten some pretty good reviews, so I decided to try out a couple.  Specifically, the taupe Night Glow and the rose gold Sweet Cloud. Let's see how that turned out!
To begin with, you are getting a decent amount of product (.13 oz) in the tube, although I can't say I've actually finished a cream eye shadow to date.
The wands have a dip in the tips that collects the shadow, and I typically have to wipe some off in order to not deposit too much on my eye. Alternatively, you could put some on the back of your hand and use it as a palette, which is what I usually do with using a brush to apply shadow along my lower lash line.
The lid tints are described as "seductively sheer" on Ulta's site, and you can in the swatch of Night Glow that it is not completely opaque. However, it did not apply patchy on my lids and I was easily able to get smooth color using a cream shadow brush (Sephora Collection, now discontinued) to smooth out the pigment.
Sweet Cloud does have some glitter in the mix and has more of a metallic finish that Night Glow. It is also more opaque right off the bat than Night Glow, which may be why it translates as more metallic. Gorgeous color and super easy to use!
Both shades wear very well over primer on my oily lids and I experienced no creasing or smudging over the course of a very long day (10+ hrs). Considering you can usually find NYX on sale, I'd say these are a great bargain cream eye shadow!
I'm curious as to how these differ from NYX's previous cream eye shadows that I remember trying about 4 years back (swatches below), but I'm unable to find an ingredient list to compare the two. There were 20 shades of those, although I see that NYX has just released a matte version of the Lid Lingeries, which brings the shade count to 24 (12 shimmers, 12 mattes). Interesting.
From top to bottom:  Suede, Chocolate, Aqua, Pinky Beige

No comments:

Post a Comment