Sunday, January 14, 2018
here. Ulta also has a skincare sampler GWP offer, although I needed to add something to my bag in order to hit the $70 trigger point.
one. Considering I also purchased the Bioassance Weightless Hydration Essentials set this week from Sephora in order to take advantage of their 2X points for skincare purchases plus a sample bag, I should be set all year now!
Friday, January 12, 2018
Disclaimer: I purchased this.Happy New Year everyone! I had a really nice holiday break (two weeks off from work), which I spent alternately resting and cleaning/decluttering my house. Consequently, no blog posts happened. I still want to finish reviewing the Atelier colognes from their advent calendar however, so I'm going too :-) Hopefully someone will find it useful. Day 9 of the calendar brought a sample of Santal Carmin, which seems to be marketed more towards men.
- Top notes: bergamot from Calabria, limette from Mexico, saffron from India
- Middles notes: sandalwood from New Caledonia, gaiac wood from India, white musk
- Base notes: papyrus from India, cedarwood from Texas, vanilla from Madagascar
Launched in 2014, Santal Carmin is also one of the more expensive colognes in the brand, with a 30 ml bottle running $115. Perhaps that's because it's part of the Haute Couture (powerful, rare, precious) line of colognes. It's classifiend as a woody Oriental, and while it is warmer than many of the Atelier colognes, it still manages to register as fresh/light as opposed to what I envision when I see a fragrance described as Oriental. I can't say I would invest in a bottle, but I do like it and will happily use up the sample.
- Top notes: Moroccan cedrat, lime from Mexico, bergamot from Calabria
- Middle notes: mint from China, basilic from Egypt, juniper berries from Macedonia
- Base notes: tonka bean from Brazil, vetiver from Haiti, elemi from Philippines
We had a brief warm up yesterday to almost 70 degrees, but it's back to bone-chilling temps tonight. I swear it feels colder down here when the temps fall - I think because it's so damp/humid. Bundle up everybody!