...

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Accountability Sunday: Resolution Progress for the Week v. 7

February, why you so mean to me?  Sickness has been dogging me, this time in the form of a low grade UTI.  So, I spent part of Valentine's Day in a health clinic.  Fortunately, it was a quick visit and I've now got my antibiotics, so hopefully I'll be well in no time.  On the downside, I had next to no energy this week.  So how did that impact progress with my resolutions?  Well, let's see....
  • eat better:  start cooking more and eating out less
  • exercise more: practice yoga/Pilates again, use a standing desk at work
  • declutter house
  • no buy on makeup/beauty items Jan-March:  can develop a wish list and purchase one or two items from it in April
I've mainly been eating my current slow cooker concoction and another batch of sausage and cheese English muffins, so all is good on the eating healthy front.  Chocolate consumption may have been higher this week, but that's par the course for Valentine's Day week, so no biggie.
Exercising took another hit, as I felt like a wet dishrag for much of the week.  I did try a different DVD this week (see snippets of it above), which focuses more on traditional yoga poses.  The stretching was just the right fit for a low energy week, yet still challenging enough - especially with the balance poses - to make it interesting.  The core portion of this DVD was really good and I'm a bit sore as a result.  Mixing up the workouts is helping me not got bored and keeping my muscles from getting used to any one routine, so I'm pleased with that.

I did a small, but psychologically helpful, decluttering project this week.  I was really, really tempted to buy one of the new Clinique blushes this week, as Bloomingdale's was have a nice GWP event.  So, to combat this urge, I decided to organize and inventory my blush collection.

Well, I have 120 blushes all nicely cataloged in an Excel spreadsheet now, which was an eye opener.  On the plus side, I could shop my own collection for months to come and not be deprived.  On the downside, how many peachy pink blushes do I really need?  Will that stop me from getting one of the Clinique Cheek Pop blushes when my no buy is over?  Of course not.
So, the no buy limped on.  Some new items have emerged for the wish list, namely the new Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows from the Dare to Go Nude spring 2013 collection.  My local Rite Aid has a display of them with other products from that collection, and Musings of a Muse posted a preview here and Nouveau Cheap has swatches of all six here.  There is a bit of uncertainty as to whether these are limited edition or not.  Rite Aid has a Maybelline BOGO going on this week, so I'm pretty my no-buy is about to go bye bye.  Or buy buy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment