...

Friday, February 7, 2014

NOTD: Cotton Buds by Butter London with Julep's Brenda

This week I wanted something bright but neutral, and white certainly fits that bill, doesn't it?  As you may already know, white polishes can be temperamental.  Reviews I'd read indicated that  Cotton Buds by Butter London ($15) has a really nice formula, so I picked it up several months ago during one of Ulta's many sales.
Brenda by Julep is an iridescent sheer gold top coat that kept Cotton Buds from looking too stark on my winter white hands.  I believe Brenda was exclusive to the Naughty or Nice mystery box, as I'm not seeing it listed on Julep's site.  I'm impressed with how this duo still managed to make my hands look tan in comparison, so I can imagine how striking it will be in the summer!
I used two coats of Cotton Buds, which was indeed fairly easy to work with, followed by one of Brenda.  I've been having good success with Zoya's base and top coats, count me a fan, so that's what I used here.  Amazingly, five days in my nails still look pristine with zero chips or tip wear!  
I'm really liking how this turned out, glad I decided to take the plunge on Cotton Buds.  I think I'll get lots of use from it :-)

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Love this!! LOVE IT! You're totally right, it's bright and neutral and OH SO PRETTY!! Excellent splurge (even though it was on sale).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your enthusiasm, it's infectious :-) And thanks for hosting The Nail Files!

      Delete
  2. Cotton Buds looks like a great non streaky white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cotton Buds is such a cute name for a polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh stunning! They look absolutely fab together! And it really looks so lovely against the red berries! White can be such a horrendous color so it's good that Cotton Buds works well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh interesting! That sounds like a good white, butter londons are a bit expensive :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed pricey! I usually only buy during a sale.

      Delete