...

Friday, December 27, 2013

Naughty or Nice Mystery Box by Julep

I didn't take my Maven box from Julep this month, but I did get the Naughty or Nice mystery box.  Mystery boxes are always a toss up in that you can receive polish colors or products you may already have, but they are usually a good value and I love surprises.  Julep also sweetened the deal by offering two new polishes in the box, Brenda and Aviva, and since I liked them both I took the plunge!
Brenda, Aviva
I was fortunate to be able to use a discount code which lowered the price of the box from $24.99 to $17.49.   I heard that Julep deactivated the discount codes at some point during the open window period, however, so I was lucky to use mine.  I also heard they oversold the boxes, and those that ordered but didn't receive one got a $25 gift certificate instead.  Here is a breakdown of what was in the box:
  • 6 polishes:  America (already own, here is a NOTD post featuring it), Brenda, Aviva, Alaina, Joanna, Nellie
Beauty items were the kajal dual ended eye pencil with a sharpener, the lipgloss Timeless, Blank Canvas matte facial primer (already own), and a mini Rock Star hand creme.  There were also 4 foil packs, 2 each of the Luxe Repair serum and Luxe Care hand cream. I like Blank Canvas so a backup is not a bad thing.  You can see my review of it here
I like Julep's lipgloss formula, and while Timeless is yet another sheer gloss with shimmer (which I'm sure we all have more of than we need), I'll get use out of it.
I'll be interested to see how Julep's kajal pencil performs.  I've been wearing and enjoying Estee Lauder's kajal eye pencils, so now I have something to compare against.  All in all, quite the value for the price, IMO!  I'm almost at the point where I'd rather order a mystery box than a Maven monthly box, as the value is so much greater.  I'm sure Julep will find some way to entice me, though, they are pretty good at that :-)
 

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

3 comments:

  1. Julep will always find some way lol
    I love aviva, it looks very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great package to receive!!! I love the America nail polish - I'd love to have that one in my stash :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH! Your mystery box is AMAZING!!! I've bought two, in the past, and they were AWFUL! I'm so jealous of yours that I could eat my own hand. Haha! Can't wait to see what you do with all the lovelies!

    ReplyDelete