...

Monday, December 2, 2013

November Eco Emi: Winter Woodland

November's Eco Emi box included some items designed to help with a few of those pesky conditions brought on by winter, such as chapped lips and dry skin.  There was also an item I've never seen before and another that Maggie will be modeling for you, so let's get started!
The never seen before item for me was the Chandra Dry Perfume by Chamela Giri.  It's described as a spicy, chocolate chai scent and it's really nice!  Jess Duchart, the creator/owner of Chamela Giri, studied the art of perfume and incense making in India: 
This perfume was inspired by a chai recipe I was taught in Bikaner, Rajasthan, by a beautiful old mama. It is hand blended in very small batches.
Chamela Giri perfumes are blended into a base of pure sandalwood powder. They are crafted with resins, spices and natural ambers I gathered during my travels in India and Morocco. Powdered perfume is applied in the same way as conventional perfumes, on your pulse points, or try them in your hair. There are no fillers, just the authentic scents. Chamela Giri scents last a long time, giving you an air of intrigue for the day, or evening.
For a full scentual experience tap a small amount of the perfume powder into the palm of your hand and rub your hands together.  Close your eyes, bring your hands to your face and breathe deeply, then rub your hands on your wrists, neck and in your hair.
 I admit it, I'm intrigued.  Sample value is $4.
To sooth chapped lips, we've got Pumpkin Pout Pucker Pot lip balm by Tulips Apothecary.  More spice in this one, as it has organic cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice in a base of beeswax, shea butter, castor oil, and sweet almond oil.  If pumpkin doesn't appeal to you, they've got coffee almond cocoa, French toast (!!!), licorice, lemon, peppermint, grapefruit - and more.  Another winner, as it feels great on and is all natural.  This is full sized and retails for $8.
 
For dry skin, there is some Kalahari Melon whipped shea butter by Shea Radiance, featuring super-rich and nourishing melon seed oils from the Kalahari Desert blended with unrefined shea butter.  I've been dipping heavily into the various shea butter blends I've received from Eco Emi now that the weather has gotten cold, as I find I need heavy duty moisture on my hands and feet in the winter.  A small dab is usually plenty, as this is so rich.  I'm estimating the sample value at 50 cents.
The last beauty item is Squeaky Clean shampoo by Sparkleheart.  This all natural and sulfate free shampoo features Pansy extract to protect from sun damage, natural coconut and sugar for a sulfate free foam and to clean, and rosemary to rejuvenate dull hair and bring back the bounce.  I've discovered some really nice natural shampoo and conditioners via Eco Emi, so I'm looking forward to trying this one.  Sample value is $3.25.
Food items this month included a hot cocoa mix and some organic peppermints by St. Claire's Organics ($1.19).  I'm sucking on the peppermints as I write this and they are very good!  Not a hard candy, as they dissolve/crumble in your mouth, and then give that peppermint kick.  I'll be delving into the Midnight Dark Drinking Chocolate soon, which contains organic Peruvian cacao powder and organic cane sugar.  It smells wonderful. I'm estimating sample value at $4.
The lifestyle items this month included a super cute card featuring hedgehogs made from sustainably-harvested birch wood.  I was pleased to see that Night Owl Paper Goods is located in Birmingham, just up the road a few hours from Mobile.  Always nice to see local companies and these cards are really unique!  A set of 6 cards are $24, so the sample value is $4.
Last up is the lovely Maggie modeling the Graceful flower headband by Anna ($9).  I think the red really brings out the shine of her black coat, and we may have to alternate wearing this.  Maggie may carry it off better than me, however, so we shall see.
All totaled, the value of November's box is $33.94, and I'm happy to have been introduced to some new items!

5 comments:

  1. Maggie makes such a cute model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, although I cannot get her to look at the camera! No matter what I do she turns away.

      Delete
  2. Wow cool perfume powder!
    Is the hedgehog wood a card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hedgehog wood is a card, but it's one sided, just front and back. I really like them, very unique!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, she's so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete