...

Friday, December 20, 2013

Atomic Nucleaire Smoky Shadow Stick by Revlon

The Smoky Shadow Sticks by Revlon were all marked 75% off at my Rite Aid, so I picked Atomic Nucleaire to try out.  Some things are totally impulse purchases, especially when they are deeply discounted, as the risk is minimal.  I've also occasionally discovered some items I really like!  Was Atomic Nucleaire one of them?
Yes, I think so!  These dual ended shadow sticks are supposed to be smudge, fade, and crease proof for up to 12 hours, plus give you an easy way to create a smoky eye.  Smoky eye looks are not my forte, but I can say that I found both shades easy to apply and smudge out with a stiff brush, and they wore well. 

The lighter shade base shade has a rounded end and is a golden apricot shimmer.  The darker loden green side has a more defined tip that allows for lining, but it also as a wider flat side that made it easy to fill in color.  Both colors are really lovely and are shades I enjoy combining together.

These start off as more of a sheer wash of color, although intensity can be built up.  As I like combining cream and powder shadows, I used the pencil as base shades and then did a very light dusting of powder shadows on top, using Solar and Levity from the Le Métier de Beauté shadow kaleidoscope Gravité
I'm not sure if these are being discontinued, although the deep discount may be an indication that they are.  The Smoky Shadow Sticks are regularly $8.99 and have five different color variations. At 75% off they are $2.25, so you might want to pick one up at that price :-)

2 comments:

  1. 75% off? You always find amazing deals!! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Rite Aid does some crazy sales, and you just never know when they will be. Since Rite Aid is on my way home, I'm probably in there 2-3 each week :-)

      Delete