...

Thursday, December 5, 2013

stila Color Me Pretty Lip & Cheek Palette

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been on a bit of a cream blush kick lately, so when I saw this palette of 5 convertible creams from stila, I decided I needed it.   Okay, needed is not quite right, as I'll never need another makeup item for the rest of my life.  But you get the idea.
These are housed in a tin that takes up a little more space than I prefer, and another downside for me is that the names of the creams are only on the outside wrapper.  Beyond that, I've got no complaints :-) 
The colors are easy to blend and I don't find that they mess up my foundation in the process.  With the exception of Rose, the colors are more on the subtle side, providing a nice flush of color.  So, no clown cheeks :-)  Kitten makes for a good cream highlighter, and all of these can be used on your lips as well.  Versatile!
I've got oily skin and find that these work fine on me.  There is a slight tack to them initially, but I don't notice it once I've applied.  Wear time is pretty good, and I can still see color 7-8 hours in.  My makeup starts to degrade by then due to the oiliness of my skin, but I wouldn't let a cream blush scare you if you have oily skin.  I always set with a finishing powder and the combo wears quite well.
Wearing Gerbera
The Color Me Pretty palette is $28 and is one of the limited edition stila 2013 holiday offerings.  If you are fan of their convertible creams and don't have these colors already, I think it's a good deal!  A regular size convertible cream is 4.25 g and goes for $25, and you are getting over twice that amount at 9 g for $28, plus the variety of colors.  This pleases the bargain hunter in me :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yea I think this is a great idea since individual convertible colors are so expensive!! But I actually very rarely use my convertible colors, I think I just prefer powder blush better because it's much quick to apply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start pulling out items I like but rarely wear and start giving them some attention. Kind of a dedicated use project :-)

      Delete