...

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

NOTD: Don't Be Koi and Fallen Angel

I'm wearing nail polish strips by Sally Hansen for the first time, and I like them!  I picked up Don't Be Koi for half price, and I love the design, even if my nails are currently too short to get a full fish on them.  Oh well, I decided the red, white, and black said "Christmas" to me, plus I wanted to use Fallen Angel by Estee Lauder:-)
Source: InkDance Chinese Painting Gallery
Not sure a thumb accent nail was the way to go, but it's actually growing on me.  I'm really impressed with how durable the nail strips are, as I washed two dogs Monday and my nails look none the worse.  Application was not a difficult as I was expecting, and I'm sure I'll get better with practice.  I was able to use just one of the enclosed packets for both hands, as one nail strip worked for two nails.  Am I correct in my understanding that any unused strips from an open pack go bad, or can they be used weeks/months later?
Fallen Angel is what I think of as a Chinese lacquer red, and is slightly darker but in the same color family as the red koi fish in the nail strips.  Formula was problem free and I used two coats, along with Zoya's base and top coats.  I also used the top coat with the nail strips to seal edges.
I hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Day and Lily wishes you lots of good cheer!

2 comments:

  1. love that nail combination and that pattern! I've never seen that one! I'll have to hunt for it the next time I'm in CVS!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete