...

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gravité Kaleidoscope by Le Métier de Beauté: Review and EOTD's


Now that I've had a chance to play with the Gravité kaleidoscope by Le Métier de Beauté (LMdB), I wanted to give it a proper review.  This is the first time I've used eyeshadows from this brand, and they do things a bit different.  In fact, this video is worth watching to get an overview of the layering of coloring technique used by LMdB, or "Couches de Couleur".

To give you an idea of how the colors look layered over each other, starting with the single color Nova:
Nova:  effervescent tan for warmth
Solar (gilded saffron for femininity) over Nova
Levity (patina brass for contrast)  over Solar and Nova
I think the first three shades show subtle differences when layered over each other, and the complexity becomes more apparent in brighter light.  The last shade, Dark Matter, is more of a liner shade, but I've shown it layered over the other three.  It's intensely pigmented and I picked up more color than I was intending.
Dark Matter (jewel toned aubergine for depth) layered over other three shadows
The shadows do play nicely with each other, and I like the versatility of being able to use these together, with other shadows, or singly.  They wear well over primer, with minimal fading and creasing.  Here are some looks I've done with Gravité in the last few weeks.
(flash)
I'm quite pleased with my first eye kaleidoscope, and hope to acquire more!  At $95 each they are a bit of an investment, and I'm happy Gravité entered my life as a GWP.  I'll have some of the other LMdB products I purchased to show you soon!

6 comments:

  1. I'd really like to have this kaleidoscope; the colors are so beautiful! But $95 is a hefty amount for eye shadow. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price is a bit intimidating. I do like their eyeshadow formula though, and how you can layer them. I'd like to get more, but I'll be looking for more GWP's if possible.

      Delete
  2. That is really gorgeous, the eye look you did, wow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it would make a good set for bruise looks. :) Really love the colors, names, and design!

    ReplyDelete