...

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lauren Brooke Pressed Eyeshadow Duo in Toffee/Sandalwood

 I recently picked up a full sized jar of Lauren Brooke's cream foundation (I'm wearing it in all of the photos below), and since they were having a 20% off sale on their new pressed eyeshadow duos, I picked up one.  There are currently 8 duos to chose from, and I chose the neutral brown Toffee/Sandalwood duo.  They are both described as demi-matte, although I'd say Sandalwood is definitely a shimmer.
A bit about the formula - these have some unique ingredients I haven't seen in eyeshadows before (broccoli seed?):
  • Zinc: Natural UVA & UVB protection. Protects against free radical damage.
  • Broccoli Seed: Rich in Vitamin A & Essential Fatty Acids, Moisturizing.
  • Orange Peel Wax: Excellent emollient properties, provides a protective barrier for skin, anti-microbial.
  • Lecithin: Rebuilding, restorative agent. Supplies Vitamin B and reduces cholesterol build-up in the skin.
  • Jojoba: Nourishing and hydrating.
  • Allantoin: Stimulates new and healthy tissue growth, a skin cell proliferant.
Anything that can potentially help improve the quality of my skin I'm all for, although I now wonder if applying primer before hand would end up blocking the benefits anyhow. Hmmm, thoughts on that, anyone?
Over primer alone, Sandalwood over lid, Toffee in crease
Fortunately, I'm enjoying these for other qualities, including the lovely smoky brown eye I'm able to create.  That's right, I said 'smoky eye', a look that is elusive for me (I blame my small, narrow eyes). 
Toffee/Sandalwood over Tarte's Endless Taupe
I'm finding that a good primer or a cream shadow underneath works best for me with this duo.  They don't so much crease as start to break up after about 7 hours over primer alone (I've got very oily lids), but over a cream shadow I'm good to go for 9-10 hours.
Toffee/Sandalwood over Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze
I've been using Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze or Tarte's Endless Taupe as a base color, with the shimmery Sandalwood on top.  This deepens the color a bit and provides a nice base for the shimmer in Sandalwood. You can get an idea of how pretty the shimmer is in this picture, which has a decidedly pink cast.  If you're wondering why the difference, it's because I was standing under a tree loaded with pink flowers :-)
I lined my upper lid with Estee Lauder's kajal eye pencil in Blackened Cocoa and then applied Toffee on top.  It's a really simple but pretty look that I've been wearing all week!
The pressed duo shadows are regularly $12 but were on sale for $9.60 each.  The colors are rather basic, but I've got to say I'm enjoying mine.  So, if you are on the lookout for an all natural, organic pressed shadow, these may be worth a look!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before! and they look lovely on you! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered this company via my Eco Emi subscription box, who has sent me probably 4-5 different products over the last two years. I haven't liked everything, but I'm liking the creme foundation and this eyeshadow!

      Delete