...

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Creme Foundation: Review and Swatches

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
For some reason, I've been really into trying new foundations recently.  I can remember the days when I had one foundation that I used every day, and now I've got a growing rotation.  Enter Lauren Brooke Creme Foundation, which has earned a spot!
I received three different shades in September's Eco Emi box, which tips you off that this is a natural ingredient based foundation.  With the exception of mineral powders, I really haven't found any cream or liquid foundations that fell into the natural category, until now.  So count me excited :-)
Available in 16 different shades, Cool No. 30 was a pretty good match for my skin, although in looking at their foundation color chart I'm thinking the Neutral No. 30 may be a better choice.  I've been using the Neutral No. 00 as an under eye concealer, and Warm No. 50 as a contour shade.  The consistency of this foundation is on the thicker side, and I use a q-tip to dab the foundation on a mixing tray and then apply with my foundation brush.  I noticed one of the tips on the Lauren Brooke site was to place a few dabs on your face and allow your skin to heat it up prior to blending.
Source:  Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques
Coverage is on the light to medium side but it is buildable, and what I especially like about this foundation is how smooth the finish is.  My pores are not emphasized at all - in fact they seem to be a bit minimized.  The finish is somewhat dewy, which I originally though would rule this out for me, considering my oily skin.  However, using the Mattify! Ultra as my primer and setting powder has solved that problem.  I doubt this foundation would be a good option for me in the hot, humid Mobile summer, but for winter?  I think my skin will be thanking me.

Check out these good for your skin ingredients: Triglycerides, Zinc Oxide, Organic Beeswax, Organic Jojoba, Silica, Radish Root, Organic Argan, Organic Rosehip, Neem, Clay, Organic Green Tea, Organic Passionflower, Organic Raspberry, Natural Vitamin E (+/-, Iron Oxides, Mica, Org Essential Oil Blend).
  • Beeswax: Hydrating ingredient that increases the skin's essential moisture.
  • Argan Oil: Rich in Fatty Acids. Protects skin against pollution & sun exposure.
  • Silica: Creates a soft, finished look reducing appearance of large pores, fine lines & wrinkles.
  • Phytolipid Complex: Jojoba, Rosehip, Neem & Vitamin E Oil. Moisturizing, nourishing & regenerative.
  • Green Tea: Antioxidant. Phenol & Vitamin C rich.
  • Zinc Oxide: Anti-inflammatory, emollient. Reduces and supports the healing of epidermal irritation, protects against UVA rays, soothes the skin.
The full sized version (24 gms) comes in a screw top glass jar, similar to Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation.  These two foundations actually remind me of each other, with the distinction being that Lauren Brooke is a bit thicker and may be a better option for dryer complexions.  Lauren Brooke's is also twice as expensive as Revlon's Colorstay Whipped at $27 vs. $13.  So there is that to consider as well.  However, if a natural ingredient foundation appeals to you, I think this is a fantastic contender!  I will be purchasing a full size jar in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Some days I think I am too focused on my oiliness, I can't stand even the slightest hint of shine, so any foundation that might end up looking dewy will get a general dusting of powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. Mine all end up dewy looking within a few hours anyhow, so I definitely don't want them starting out that way.

      Delete