...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Glow Highlighting Powder in Champagne by Julep

The Glow Highlighting Powder in Champagne ($28) was one of the beauty item selections in Julep's February The Afterglow collection (review of the Boho Glam Maven box here).  A soft beige gold, this pressed powder is a generously sized 12 grams and is falling within my comfort zone when it comes to highlighters:  refined and subtle as opposed to frosty or metallic.
The Glow Highlighter is larger in size than the Glow Bronzer, and apparently Julep listened to feedback from customers and made the Highlighter a firmer pressed powder than the loosely packed bronzer, cutting down significantly on powder kickup.  Below you can see the shimmer of Champagne compared to the satin finish of the Glow Pore Minimizing Bronzer in Light Golden Bronze (full review here).
Top:  Champagne Glow Highlighter
Just like the bronzer, the formula features a light-diffusing diamond powder and vitamin B6 to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration and pores.  There is also rosehip seed oil to soothe and repair skin, Malvaceae Lipid Extract to improve skin barrier function and retain moisture, and green coffe bean oil to promote skin cell turnover.
Overall, I'm pleased with Champagne, as it does highlight my skin without emphasizing skin imperfections.  It's hard to overdo it but can be built up in intensity, allowing you to easily control the amount of shimmer from the get go. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved how subtle this was but it was too deep for my skin tone :( I had the same issue with my KIDE highlighter I just got too. The struggles of being pale haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is interesting. I never considered that a highlighter would be too dark for someone!

      Delete