...

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Empties! Products I Used Up in September

My September empties feature more hair care items than anything else, probably because I do a better job of going through my shampoo/conditioner samples than anything else.  I haven't bought shampoo or conditioner in ages!
The standout hair care items for me in September were the Momo shampoo by davines and the Argan Oil by Morocco shampoo/conditioner samples.  I've liked everything I've tried by davines, all of which I've received via Birchbox.  Maybe that will be my next Birchbox points purchase...
I'm out of my gold standard for cleansing oils, DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil.  I've yet to find another I like as much, although I'm testing a less expensive cleansing oil at the moment.  You rule, DHC.
I finally used 2 of the 3 masks from Julep that I received a while back in a mystery box, and I liked them!  I had no idea they had expiration dates on them (I need to pay more attention to stuff like that), so I'm glad I remembered to use them.  There was plenty of essence in both and the 10 little nail tip masks were kind of fun to put on and wear.  The foot masks were sturdy with sticky tabs around the ankle to keep them on securely, and both feet felt super hydrated and soft afterwards.  I no longer see these on Julep's site, which is a shame, as I would get some more!
Another standout last month was a facial scrub called NIA24.  I must have received this as a GWP, and it features something called Pro-Niasomes, which are spherical Jojoba beeds infused with Pro-Niacin.  The beads help wash away skin's dead skin, increase circulation, and prepare skin for the Pro-Niacin. At least one study has shown that niacinamide provided reductions in fine lines/wrinkles, hyerpigmented spots, red blotchiness, skin yellowing and elasticity.  I'll take that.  A tube is $38 (although I saw it as cheap as $$27 online), and I would consider purchasing.

I seem to fall back in love with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's perfume oils every autumn, usually prompted by my selection and purchase of several of their Halloween blends (hopefully in the mail soon).  So, I've been going through some of the many imps I have, both for my home fragrance burner and mixed with Jojoba oil as a body moisturizer.
The one dud for me in September that got tossed almost full was the Rita Hazan Root Concealer in Dark Blonde.  It was too dark for me, although I understand there is one for golden blondes that might be a better match.  Honestly, regular old dry shampoo with it's white case works just fine for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment