...

Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Parisian Pastels: All-Over Illuminating Powder Cubes by Lancôme

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Lancôme's My Parisian Pastels ($59) is one of my favorite of the spring releases that I've picked up.  A surprise hit, actually, as these were not really on my radar prior to purchasing.  After using them daily for over a month now, I'm sufficiently impressed.
The pretty tin contains 9 shimmer cubes that can be used as eyeshadow, blush, or highlighter wherever you decide to place it.  Spring has seen the release of so many pretty highlighters that I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'm really enjoying these because of their versatility.
Each cube is housed in their own little plastic cube, complete with individual tops (not shown). While you can swirl your brush across all of them, I've been lifting out my cube of choice to use the individual colors. Even though the cubes are smaller than the size of an average blush, I've not found it hard to pick up color with a brush and make them work as blush toppers and highlighters.
My favorite way to where these are as eye shadow toppers, however, as the softly colored shimmers compliment so many different looks.  The soft gold #2 and nude with pink shift #8 have seen the most use from me, since I've been favoring more nude/neutral eye looks for spring. I've labeled the pics where I remember which shimmer cube I was using. For most of these looks, I used cream eyeshadows as a base with the shimmer cubes on top.
Shimmer Cube #9
Shimmer Cube #8
Shimmer Cube #8
Shimmer Cube #2
Shimmer Cube #2
Quite happy with these, and glad I took the plunge! While $59 is on the higher side, I can see myself using these a lot, so no complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment