...

Monday, January 18, 2016

Grey Crystal Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon by Maybelline

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I was excited to see Maybelline's new Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayons ($6.99) and picked up the five out of ten shades that interested me a few weeks back. Today I have Grey Crystal to show you.
Grey Crystal is a medium gray shimmer with an ever so slight mossy green cast. The formula glides on easily and I found applying the first coat, smudging with my finger, and then applying a second coat sans smudging was the best way to get smooth but shimmery color.
This is the first of the five pencils I've tried, and I'm crossing my fingers that the formula is consistent across the spectrum. Grey Crystal did not crease on me over primer but did start to fade a bit after 7-8 hours.
Green cast is more evident here
I loved the original Color Tattoo pot shadows, but they do dry out and I just had to repurchaseone of my favorites, Bold Gold, for that reason.  So, while you are getting less product with the Concentrated Crayons, hopefully they will not dry out like the pots do. We shall see.
Grey Crystal is most obvious on the center of the lid and on the lower inner eye. Love the shimmer.
Here I'm wearing Grey Crystal all over the lid with several Estee Lauder shadows: Wild Sable (a matte taupe) in the outer crease, Amazing Grey above the liquid liner and on the lower lash line, and Polished Platinum on the inner corner into the crease.
Blush is Estee Lauder's Alluring Rose and on my lips I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Bois de Rose mattified with a layer of Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer on top. Learned that tip this weekend watching a YouTube tutorial, and it works pretty well!
I've got today off as a holiday for Martin Luther King day, hope everyone is having a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment