...

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sheet Masks and Weeds Are Taking Over: Memebox FOMO Mask Unboxing

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I enjoy using the occasional sheet mask once or twice a week, but when I saw the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) Mask Box on presale at Memebox for $39, I decided it was time to up my sheet mask game. I was able to use some MemePoints which knocked off $5, making this mystery box of masks even more attractive. Let's see what was inside, starting with these fun colored, albeit landfill cluttering little pods from Prelab. For the few masks I've already used I'll include a more detailed description.
Prelab Skin Energy Mask - White Energy $2
Prelab Skin Energy Mask - Wrinkle Energy $2
Prelab Skin Energy Mask - Soothing Energy $2
Prelab Skin Energy Mask - Aqua Energy $2
I've used the Prelab Aqua Energy mask, which was heavily saturated with essence and features sea water to deeply hydrate dry and rough skin. My skin is oily but I'm coming to the conclusion that it's also dehydrated, and this mask did a good job of moisturizing without feeling too heavy or breaking me out. The  mask itself is 100% natural fiber derived from botanical plants and my biggest issue was unfolding it, but beyond that it fit and wore well.  There was enough essence to smooth it down from the mask onto my neck and decollete with a wear time of about 35-40 minutes.

Ingredients:  Water, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, sea water, trehalose, sodium hayluronate, allantoin, panthenol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, xanthan gum, tromethamine, carbomer, disodium edta, ethlhexylglycerin, chlorphenesin, ethyl hexanediol, 1,2-hexandiol, fragrance.

The most represented brand was Mediheal, and I'll start with the fancy masquerade themed Dress Code series, which allows you to play dress up while treating your skin. 

Mediheal Dress Code in Blue - Aqua Care $3
The Blue Aqua Care contains hyaluronic acid, lavender extract, and rosemary extract to hydrate dry and rough skin.
Mediheal Dress Code in Violet - Tone-Up Care $3
The Violet Tone-Up Care contains several high quality berry oils and extracts to help brighten and revitalize the skin.
Mediheal Dress Code in Red - Ginseng Care $3
The Red Ginseng Care contains ginseng as its main ingredient, which is supposed to help the skin develop stronger cells. Other key ingredients are
  • Trehalose:  rehydrating and water binding properties, antioxident 
  • Betaine: humectant and anti-irritant  
  • Fig Extract: hydrating and provides enzymatic exfoliating action 10x greater than papaya 
  • Mulberry Extract: lightens age spots and uneven skin tone
  • Gingko Biloba Extract: antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
The mask was richly saturated with essence to the point where I was able to wear it for a good 35-40 minutes. My skin felt mildly tacky afterwards but not to the point where it bothered me for felt like too much for my skin, something I've noticed with some masks. My skin was plumped, well hydrated, and I did not experience any morning after whiteheads, which sometimes happens when I use overly emollient sheet masks. Overall, thumbs up.

Mediheal also has a more medical looking series of masks, no doubt connoting serious ingredients for serious skincare benefits. Or at least I'm hoping:
Mediheal E.G.T. Timetox Ampoule Mask $4 (firming)
Mediheal I.P.I Lightmax Hydro Nude Gel Mask $4 (brightening)
Mediheal N.M.F. Aquaring Hydro Nude Gel Mask $4 (moisturizing)
Mediheal P.D.F A.C-Defense Hydro Nude Gel Mask $4 (acne and oil control)
Mediheal P.D.F. A.C Dressing Ampoule Mask $4 (heal and sooth irritated, troubled skin)
Mediheal Mogongtox Soda Bubble Sheet $4 (deep cleansing and exfoliating)
Mediheal I.P.I. Lightmax Ampoule Mask $4 (brightening)
Mediheal N.M.F. Aquaring Ampoule Mask $4 (moisture regulating)

I think the most visually appealing set of masks to me is the Banobagi Vita Genic jelly masks.  I like the simple and colorful design and that I can tell what each mask's primary purpose is at a glance, without having to look up acronyms (I'm eyeing you, Mediheal). These are currently $6 at Memebox, and I received 2 of each:
The sneak peek mask was the Oozoo Face Injection Mask Hydro Lift ($5), which features a separate serum with anti-aging and hydrating ingredients including Ceramide, Ectoine and Beta-Glucan that you inject into the mask.  Fancy.
Also high on the visually pleasing scale but rather low on quality (based on Be-light's usage) are the Urban Dollkiss masks (6 total). The currency artwork is stunning, but the masks themselves are on the small side and rather dry. I guess they will be good for nights when I don't want to sit with a mask on my face for 30-40 minutes, as the one I tried was dry after about 10 minutes.  Oh well, let's enjoy the artwork.
Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Be-light $2
Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Impact Essential $2
Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Moistful $2
Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Solution $2
There were a total of 30 masks from 5 different brands, which averages out to $1.13/mask for what I paid. Personally, the reasonable price + the variety = happiness for me. I can get a bit overwhelmed when perusing Kbeauty products, so something like this helps me experiment and discover without spending endless amounts of time reading reviews prior to purchasing. Not that that isn't fun as well....but you get the point.  The FOMO Mask box is sold out, but Memebox is always adding new boxes, so I'm sure something comparable will be coming down the pike.

2 comments:

  1. I have started to use more masks and this assortment is awesome! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good way to get some variety in my sheet mask options!

      Delete