...

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June Yogi Surprise Jewelry Subscription Box: Solstice Celebration

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
This year June 20th marks the summer solstice for those of us in the Northern hemisphere, which means the sun is at it's highest point in the sky, it's the longest day of the year and the official beginning of summer.  The Yogi Surprise Jewelry subscription box ($24.99) is celebrating the event with a summer hued necklace and bracelet, plus a mint chocolate chip (kinda) cookie.
I've been quite happy with most of the jewelry from Yogi Surprise, but these two items have a few kinks (literally) that keep me from loving them. The Chakra Love Crystal Healing Talisman necklace ($22) features a vegan leather cord that wants to wrap around itself no matter how much I tried to straighten it out.
The stones could vary and I received a pink quartz crystal, which while pretty, does not look quite as striking as the stone featured in the sneak peek feature from last month's card. I decided to swap out the pink quartz crystal to another Yogi Surprise necklace, and I'm liking how this looks much more.
The bracelet ($28) features yellow jade with a silver metal "om" symbol, and I love the graduated warm colors. The round shape of the stones on the stretchy cord are not a good mix, however, as they do not lay flat on the wrist.
I've got small wrists and this fit snug, which coupled with the standing stones is a no go. Not wanting to waste the pretty, I decided to play jewelry doctor again, and came up with this necklace option using the vegan cord instead.
The chocolate snack for June is a Rawxies Chocolate Mint Heart Bar ($3). The texture was somewhat gummy, which kept me from fully appreciating the good for you ingredients.
Overall, not my favorite Yogi Surprise Jewelry box, although my makeshift jewelry tinkering kept it from being a wash out. July's sneak peek is a Sun Salutation cork bottle necklace featuring Pink Aventurine.  I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in person, but I'm hoping the second item wins me over :-) Happy summer solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment