...

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Online Only Matte Lip Color in Natural by e.l.f. Cosmetics

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
Now that e.l.f. Cosmetics are at Ulta, I'm dipping my toe in the pool a bit more. I decided to try one of their Online Only Matte lip colors and chose the pale mauve pink Natural. I love the concept of this color and have admired this type of shade on other fair complected lasses, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. Three dollars is not too much to risk, so here I go.
The formula doesn't feel dry and did a pretty good job of covering my darker lips without looking chalky or patchy. The texture is thin and rather emollient, so there is some settling in my lip lines but nothing that scares me. I found the 3 or so hours of wear I experienced to be comfortable, really not bad at all for a matte lipstick.
One potential con is that the thin pencil bullet does not feel very sturdy, so I would not roll out too much when you apply. I'm not sure Natural is the most flattering lip color for me, but neither did I feel like it gave me the dreaded corpse lip look that some pale shades do. Overall, I like it!
Also, I would like to note that Ulta has gotten most of my beauty money this year. I've bought nothing to date from Sephora and will more than likely be letting my VIP status drop. Ulta's loyalty program is just so much better, and I find I'm not really missing the products that are exclusive to Sephora. At least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment