...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

PUR Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lipstick in Obsessed

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
Today I'll be showing you Obsessed, one of PUR Cosmetics new Velvet Matte liquid lipsticks. Obsessed is described on Ulta as a muted coral, but it looks more like a true flamingo pink on me. Personally, I love flamingo pinks, so no problem there, and considering the temps are still in the mid-80's here in Mobile, it's a color I can wear almost year round. Almost.
Obsessed performed better than yesterday's vampy wine Addiction, which is not a huge surprise considering darker colors sometimes finicky behavior. I had no issues getting smooth and even color with Obsessed, and I applied the first layer with my Lipstick Queen lip brush to line and fill in the lips, and then topped it off with the wand to make sure I had even, opaque color.
The formula of the Velvet Mattes does truly yield a true matte finish, which is completely non sticky and dries down almost immediately. These are transfer resistant but not smudge proof, and Obsessed wore well right up until I ate lunch. The inside portion of the lips wears off when eating, which again is no huge surprise.
Post lunch I apply the Agave Lip Oil that comes in the Matte Perfection set, which transforms the matte lipstick into a cream. It's a great way to extend the life of the Velvet Mattes without having to reapply them, and the pigment of these is concentrated enough that the color stays quite vibrant, even after wearing half way off.
Also, I wanted to show you how the Tartiest clay liner in Navy looks, which is what I was wearing on my eyes that day. You can see my full review of the Tarteist Wing Workers liner set here.  I softened the line with Urban Decay's Danger from the Gwen Stefani palette, but did experience a bit a transfer to my upper lid as a result. The reality of hooded eyes.
So far, I'm really liking the PUR Cosmetics Velvet Mattes. I'm far from a matte liquid lip connoisseur, but these hit the mark for me in that they are truly matte yet comfortable to wear. They don't over emphasize my lip lines, flake, or crack, and Obsessed did not have the obvious pigment clumps that I experienced with the darker Addiction (review here). Now, let's see Oh Bae and Key Red perform well and if I can truly recommend The Perfect Matte set ($34)!

No comments:

Post a Comment