...

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

When Eye Shadows Go Bad: Whatcha' Gonna Do?

Sigh. Several of my palettes are growing mold. It seems to happen with my bareMinerals Ready shadows, although two of my Urban Decay palettes have also fallen victim to this scourge.
The Star Treatment by bareMinerals
The Next Big Thing by bareMinerals
Some of this is due to the climate I live in: semi-tropical, humid, and warm a good 9 months out of the year. In other words, prime conditions for mold and mildew. It is what it is.
So, I decided to depot the shadows that did not have mold growing on them. I sprayed them with alcohol just in case, but if they do go bad, it's easy enough to take them out of the magnetic palette. I was surprised how easy it was to depot the bareMinerals Ready 8.0 palette, which lulled me into a false sense of security.
The Wild Thing
Two of the shadows from The Wild Thing came out easily, and two would not budge. So, they were sacrificed.
I wanted to depot Julep's 5th Avenue & Broadway, which I like but I rarely reach for. I was only able to get one of the shadows out, sady.
Cardboard palettes are easier to work with when it comes to depotting, although mishaps still happen. Fortunately, I was able to get most of the shadows out without major damage.
Calypso by MAKE
Pulp Fiction by Urban Decay
I put the shadows in the Tarte leopard print magnetic palette. I really like these, as they are sturdy with the same space as a large Z palette, but less expensive.
Experience is showing me that I will use shadows more if they are accessible, and depotting palettes into magnetic palettes seems to be working for me. So, there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment