...

Monday, July 24, 2017

Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette by Makeup Revolution

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I purchased the Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold blush palette ($10) by Makeup Revolution last August, so I guess it's about time to give it a review. I mean, a year should be enough time to form a firm impression ;-)
This is my first (and only to date) Makeup Revolution product, so I don't have much experience with the brand. They are one of several brands owned by the parent company Tam Beauty, and an "About Us" section on their website says "we love disrupting the traditional beauty world with innovative and fast, exciting beauty brands."
Factor in the uber reasonable prices, and I can see the appeal. Of course, if the quality isn't there, that's a deal breaker, but plenty of drugstore priced brands are giving more mid to high end range brands a run for their money.
This particular palette has two blushes, one bronzer and 5 shimmery shades that can work as highlighters or eyeshadows, especially in the case of the darker bronze shimmer shade. None of them have names and I've swatched them left to right, starting at the top and ending with the bronzer on the bottom far right.
The least pigmented is the first shade, a pale mauve pink matte blush.  It's pretty and makes for a natural looking blush, but it took the most work to build up color when swatching. The other blush is the 4th shade on top, and it's a matte with micro shimmer, and my favorite of the blushes. I quite like the tan bronzer shade also, as it works well on fair skin and does not lean too orange.
The dark bronze shimmer shade has silver micro-glitter in the mix, and it's the one shade that I never use. I really need to try it as an eye shadow, as it swatched really well.
The highlight shades are all really pretty, with good pigmentation and smooth shimmer that looks nice on the skin. I think the range of colors is quite nice and I've got to say that I reach for this palette frequently. The only drawback for me is that the formula of the pressed powders (blushes and bronzer) contain mineral oil, which I associate with cheap makeup formulas.  The baked powders (which I'm assuming are the shimmers) do not contain mineral oil.
Overall, I think this is a really pretty palette at a great price! I've not been enticed yet to purchase any other Makeup Revolution products, but I've got to say this has definitely been a positive introduction to the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment