...

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Atelier Cologne Advent Calendar Day 5: Orange Sanguine

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
Day 5 of the Atelier Cologne advent calendar brings me a sample of the scent that started my Atelier journey: Orange Sanguine. Launched in 2010, I received a sample in a Birchbox about 5 years ago, which led me to purchasing a full sized bottle in 2013.  You can read my original review here
Suffice it to say that I continue to enjoy Orange Sanguine. I've barely made a dent in my full sized bottle, which is more of a commentary on the amount of scents I own than anything.  I appreciate that is lasts well on my skin, and that the initial burst of orange - pulp, juice, and peel - stay present through all of the note phases. Atelier Colognes excels in realistic citrus scents, although those top notes don't always last long enough. With Orange Sanguine, I think they hit the sweet spot.

  • Top notes: blood orange from Italy, bitter orange from Spain, red mandarin from Italy
  • Middle notes: jasmine from Egypt, geranium from South Africa, black pepper from Madagascar
  • Base notes: tonka bean from Brazil, sandalwood from Indonesia, cedarwood from Texas
Source: Atelier Cologne
I think of Orange Sanguine as a warm weather scent, although the base notes do add some depth and warmth that could take it into cooler weather. While I'm very much enjoying going through this Atelier sampler, there are certain days (like today) where I want a fragrance with more warmth and spice, especially in colder weather.  I'm hoping some of Atelier's spicier offerings are coming up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment