...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara


In the Clinique gift with purchase that I recently got was a sample sized Lash Doubling Mascara, and I've got to say it's the mascara I've been using for the past several weeks.  I like that it does not clump, is a rich black, and has a glossy finish.  I find it great for work day application when the last thing I need is a finicky mascara that is going to clump or smudge.

I can generally get through application without smudging it on my skin, but when that does happen, it wipes off easily.  This mascara does not flake or smudge once on, nor does it irritate my contact wearing eyes.  The main thing I have to be careful about is putting in my contacts, as I do that after applying my makeup.  Since this mascara is not waterproof, any dampness from the contact solution could lead to smudging if I'm not careful.


Marketed as volumizing and thickening, Clinique claims that Lash Doubling mascara magnifies lashes to twice their size.  I wouldn't go that far.  Bottom line, this is an easy to use, unfussy, solid results mascara.  It's not a "wow I can't believe my lashes" mascara, but more of a solid performer, work horse type.  Lash Doubling mascara retails for $15.

Disclosure:  I received this as part of a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment