...

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

After Dark Total Look Kaleidoscope from Le Métier de Beauté, Part II

Yesterday I showed you some swatches of the soon to be released After Dark Total Look kaleidoscope from Le Métier de Beauté, and today I wanted to show you even more swatches and some looks I've worn since receiving it.  
My favorite of the 4 shades as been the blush, as it's a great everyday kind of color for me.  The gold flecks you can see in the pan don't apply as an obvious gold shimmer (no Orgasm dupes here, which I'm personally happy about).  You do, however, get a realistic looking blush color that is flattering to the skin.  The face contour or bronzer is a definitely on the warm side of the spectrum, but I don't think it made me look like an oompa loompa.  I could be wrong. 
I had mentioned yesterday that the shimmering sapphire shade has larger mica flecks in it, which is evident in close up shots.  The color looks much smoother from a distance so I would say it's a detracting feature per say, and since Le Métier de Beauté eye shadows are meant to be layered anyhow, it may be less apparent when worn that way.
When I first saw the shimmering patina shade (1st pan) of the After Dark kaleidoscope, I was curious as to how it compared to Levity from the Gravité kaleidoscope.  Happily, they do not look the same when swatched, and the softness, intensity, and complexity of the After Dark shade in comparison to the stiffer and more mossy green leaning Levity is striking.  
After Dark 1st pan
Levity from Gravité kaleidoscope
In these last photos, I used more of the shimmering sapphire shade with the green closest to my upper lashes.
The After Dark Total Look kaleidoscope will be available in early September and retails for $95.  I'm happy to have received it as part of the VIP subscription program!

No comments:

Post a Comment