...

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Empties! Products I Used Up or Threw Out in October

I used up quite a few items in October, and threw out quite a few that just weren't up to par for a variety of reasons.  Let's start with the ones I finished:
  • Shea Terra's Eau de Rose du Maroc Balancing Facial Spray:  this rose based facial spray was true delight, I'd totally repurchase.  I got it as part of a set available via Birchbox, all of which were winners:
  • Julep Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer:  probably my favorite of Julep's beauty products, and fortunately I have another that I received as part of a Julep mystery box.  You can see a full review here.
  • Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleanser:  this must be going on 3 years old, I'm sad to see it go.  I mainly used it to clean my mixing palette, although it did work well as a brush cleanser.
  • Lancome Dual Finish Powder:  technically, I didn't use this one up, but I think it's past it's prime.  I just do not have the desire to scrap off the hardened shell.  It did work well as a setting powder for my oily skin, but I've moved on to Hourglass's Ambient Lighting powders, among others, so have no plans to repurchase.
  •  Radical Skincare Youth Infusion and Peptide Infused Antioxidant Serums, deluxe samples:  I received both of these in Barney Beauty bags, and I'm impressed.  They are pricey, however, so I have no immediate plans to purchase.  Maybe once I work through the current glut of skincare products...cause they are really nice.
  •  Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum deluxe sample:  I've got several of these samples and decided it was high time I gave it a go.  Very nice, and I'm now working my way through a second one.
  • Smashbox  Photofinish Undereye Primer deluxe sample:  Quite nice, and I did purchase a full sized version of this.  
  • Estee Lauder Volumizing Mascara deluxe sample:  one of my favorite mascaras!
  • Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base deluxe sample:  this one grew on me.  At first I wasn't completely sold, but it turned out to be a solid performer.
  • Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Enhancing Mascara deluxe sample:  I thought this was great, would totally get another one.
  • Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Smokestack perfume oil sample:  I gravitate towards BPAL's perfume oils in the fall, but this one got used in my oil burner as it was a bit too masculine for me.  Eagerly awaiting my BPAL Halloweenies to arrive!
Among the foils samples, the Cirocell Geothermal Clay Cleanser and Racine Ultimate Aqua Blanc Brightening Mask samples stood out the most:
I threw out a few duds as well, including a mascara sample from Nvey Eco.  It smudged quite a bit on me, giving the dreaded raccoon eyes.  Nvey Eco does have some great products, particular their blushes and lip glosses, but the mascara was a fail for me. 
Also hitting the garbage were a dried up Hourglass mascara and this discontinued face powder by Urban Decay.  I don't know if it was the design, but I never warmed up to it.  Time to declutter and get rid of things unloved and taking up space!

No comments:

Post a Comment