...

Monday, November 24, 2014

Incandescent Electra from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Incandescent Electra is the exclusive blush shade from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, and definitely a motivating factor for me in buying the palette.  I love a good peachy blush, and this one looked like it would work quite well with my fair but warm complexion. 
Each palette is unique and can vary in the blush to powder striation, and mine has a predominance of the peach blush to the Incandescent Ambient Lighting powder.  This makes me happy, as Incandescent is more of a highlighting powder and I prefer a lower shimmer content in my blushes.  This one is quite lovely.
I find the finish of all the Ambient Lighting powders and blushes to be skin enhancing, and they really perform well on my oily skin.  I can still see mostly intact pigment with the blushes at the end of the day, which is not always the case for me.  These are probably the longest wearing powder blushes I've experienced.
It's a toss up for me if Incandescent Electra or Mood Exposure is my favorite from the Ambient Lighting Blush palette.  Indeed, they are similar in tone, with Incandescent Electra leaning slightly more peach and Mood Exposure more terracotta.  Electra also has a higher shimmer content due to the Incandescent Ambient powder, but it still falls comfortably within my acceptable shimmer level (NARS Orgasm would not, for example).
I'm quite happy with my Ambient Lighting Blush Palette ($58).  The formula totally works for me, and I'd love to see another palette with some of the other shades and perhaps another exclusive color.  The palette is currently listed as limited edition (although Hourglass did that with the powder palette, but then brought it back as permanent), and it's currently showing as out of stock at Sephora.  You can still get it from Hourglass, Net-a-Porter, and Space NK, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment