...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

No Makeup Makeup Work Look

This was my second attempt at a No Makeup Makeup look (you can see my first here).  I wanted to look a bit more polished yet still au naturale, which I think I achieved.
In lieu of foundation, I went with Skin79's Super+ BB cream (review here).  It did a good job of smoothing out my skin and minimizing redness/dark spots.  I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear Blush-On Glow BB Highlighter in 1C (Cool) to conceal dark spots and as a highlighter on eyes, nose, and cupid's bow.  I set everything withLe Métier de Beauté's Peau Vierge pressed powder.
I primed my eyes with Urban Decay's champagne shimmer Sin eye primer, and then used Pur Mineral's Soul Mattes shadows Confidante, Companion, and Adore to lightly contour and highlight (swatches and review here).  To add a bit of definition along my upper and lower lash lines, I used Estee Lauder's Blackened Cocoa Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliner pencil and then smudged Sidekick from Soul Mattes over it.  Brows were done with Giorgio Armani's Eye & Brow Maestro in medium brown, review here.
Blush is Pur Minerals Pink Powder, review to come soon.  Le Métier de Beauté's lip kaleidscope Gemini Kiss (review here) provided soft pink lips.  I need to use that palette more, it's really nice.
Overall, I'm pleased with how this came out!  I'm just back from the American Public Health Association's conference in New Orleans, where I learned lots of stuff, co-presented a paper, and ate lots of good food :-)

2 comments:

  1. By far your best look ever! Gives you a soft, glowy, naturally youthful appearance & I love it. That lip color is perfect for you as well. I definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I found a good go to natural look for me.

      Delete