...

Monday, September 24, 2012

Skin79 Super+ Triple Functions BB Cream

For the summer months, I've been using SkinFood's Peach Sake Pore BB cream, which has a really nice warm tone to it and is made for oilier skin, which suits me well.  For the cooler months when I will presumably be a bit more pale and perhaps a smidgen less oily, I will be using Skin79's Super+ BB cream in the pink bottle.  I found this description at thebbcreamshop.com:
The fortified ingredients of Kava and Purslane provide advanced sebum control for clearer and lighter skin. The hydrating cream provides plenty of moisture through Phyto Complex and Ceramide 3. Make up lasts longer, and the benefits of non-stop skin care helps diminish wrinkles and promotes whitening.  Additionally, advanced sun protection and the added caring ingredients of Oats, Green Tea and Rice Bran make the ultimate all in one perfecting cream, beyond make up. "
I know that many US based cosmetic/skin care companies have been releasing their versions of BB creams, but for the most part, they do not stack up to the Korean versions.  Hence why I took the chance of ordering without sampling direct from Korea, as I wanted to experience the real deal.  The two brands that I have tried thus far- Skinfood and Skin79 - really are working well!  I got both from Amazon via seoulglamour.com and can say that shipping was fast and prices were very reasonable.  I've also seen some posts and youtube videos claiming that seoulglamour has sold fake Skin79 BB creams.  According to the video I watched (you can see it here), mine is authentic.  However, the letters on mine do rub off easily, which is supposedly a sign of a fake according to some posts.  So, not sure what to say about that.  Short of testing at the lab, I guess I'll never know.  I will say that if it's fake, it's working well for me:-)

At first I was a bit concerned that the Skin79 would give me a grayish cast, but it does a nice job of adjusting to my skin tone.  It has a nice slip to it and was easy to blend out.  The finish is slightly dewy but not to the point that I felt shiny.  I've been setting with a mineral foundation and the combination of the two gives enough coverage without feeling or looking cakey.

Apropo of nothing, here are before and after shots of my hair since the last time I got it cut, which I think was in March.  I'm thinking it grew 5-6 inches in as many months.  I like my hair long, but the reality is that it gets pulled into a ponytail or put in a clip most days, and the ends were pretty frayed.  It's like pulling teeth to get me to the salon.  I usually just do a walk in and get whoever is available.
And, the new cut.  The stylist thoughtfully made an appointment for me 4 months out this time:-)


Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment