...

Friday, September 28, 2012

NOTD: Desert Sun by China Glaze and Butter London's Tart with a Heart

As the weather flirts with possibly, maybe, cooling down a bit here on the gulf coast, I'm indulging in colors that remind me of fall, even if it is still in the mid-80's.  And what's more evocative of fall than pumpkin pie?  So let's tie it all together - hot weather and pumpkin pie - with Desert Sun by China Glaze, one of the 3 polishes I got from the On Safari collection.

I was originally thinking Desert Sun reminded me of Werther's original butterscotch candy, but when I look at photos, it's really more of a pumpkin pie color.  Two coats were plenty, formula was good, and it does dry glossy. 

After a few days of enjoying Desert Sun, I topped it with my first Butter London polish.  I picked up Tart with a Heart along with Black Knight during the recent Ulta BOGO free sale.  Tart's a lovely girl, full of glowing gold micro glitter and slightly larger glitter for flashes of color.  Tart does dry gritty and dull, so a good top coat is a must.  I used one coat of Seche Vite.
Disclosure:  I purchased these.

9 comments: