...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Luring Color Design Eyeshadow by Lancome

Luring is an interesting blueish teal/lavender duochrome eyeshadow from Lancome.  It is listed as a "sheen"and applies quite sheer, so I found myself applying several layers to get color buildup.  That may sound like a bad thing, but I'm thinking this will make a great layering shadow, both under and on top of other shadows.  The finish is smooth with a sheen that changes color depending on light and angle.  The first swatch is wet and the second dry and I did not use a primer.

In my limited experience with Lancome shadows thus far, they tend to be more on the sheer side and not super pigmented (although the Emerald Boudoir palette was quite pigmented).  It may have to do with the different finishes of the shadows.  The finished look is always pretty though, so I'm not holding it against them.  The price, on the other hand....$18 for a single.  At that price, I'd probably go with an Uurban Decay shadow unless the color was something unique.  Luring looked fairly unique and I don't think I have anything else quite like it.  Sometimes the great GWP's that Lancome offers make their higher prices more digestable.
 For this look, I used:
  • Luring from lash line up to the crease
  • Korres Shimmering eyeshadow in Grey Brown Base in crease
  • Korres Shimmering eyeshadow in White on brow bone and inner eye
  • stila Stay All Day felt tip liner in Indigo on lash line
  • the balm's shadyLady in bossy bobbi along upper and lower lash lines
  • Maybelline's Great Lash mascara in Totally Teal

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment