...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

OCC Loose Colours in Brasstacks, Twirl, Hum, Saturate, Cruising, and Glisten

I recently ventured into Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) territory via their fabulous lip tars.  Since a loose colour set was available at beauty.com, I decided I should try those as well.  For those not familiar with OCC, they are 100% vegan, cruelty-free and feature mineral based loose color pigments for the face and eyes, nail polish, and the lip tars.
From top:  Brasstacks, Twirl, Hum, Saturate, Cruising, Glisten
As described by OCC:
"These micronized colour pigments are fused with light- reflecting mica and can be used to apply shimmer on the eyes, lips, cheeks and anywhere else on the face or body for a sleek, eye-catching look."
These babies definitely sparkle!  I wish I had been able to catch that in my photos, as in the sun these positively radiate sparkle and shimmer.  They are also intensely pigmented and apply with a velvety smoothness.  All swatches are over Urban Decay original eye primer.
Brasstacks, Twirl, Hum
 OCC describes Brasstacks as a hazel brown shimmer, Twirl a peach/pink shimmer, and Hum a peach/fuchsia sheen. 

Saturate, Cruising, Glisten
OCC accurately describes Saturate as an aquatic blue/green, Cruising as an antique gold, and Glisten as a golden coral shimmer. 

For this look I used Twirl all over, Cruising over the first 2/3 of my lid, Hum in the crease, and Brasstacks below and above my lash lines.  These types of colors are in my comfort zone, so I tend to veer towards them on a regular basis.
For the below I used Twirl on my brow bone, Brasstacks over the first 2/3 of my lid, Cruising to blend in the crease, and Saturate below and above my lash lines.  These pigments blend very nicely and you can easily layer one color over another for different effects.
Here's the fly in the ointment with these beauties, however.  I experienced significant creasing and some fading after 5-6 hours.  I used Two Faced Shadow Insurance as my primer, which I usually have great success with.  I'm going to try some other primers and/or wearing these over a cream eyeshadow to see if it makes a difference.
After 6 hours of wear
I blended Glisten with the lip tar Memento below.  Adding a pigment makes the lip tars more matte, so I added a clear gloss.  On their own, the lip tars have a slight sheen.  
Glisten blended with Memento
Memento alone
Glisten on lips (sheer gloss) and cheeks
OCC loose color concentrates are $12.50 for a 2.5 g sized jar.  If you've been interested in trying some but are not sure where to start the set at beauty.com might be a good option, as you get 6 pigments and a shadow brush for $49.50 (actual value $97).  

Disclosure:  I purchased these.

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried an OCC product and these looks great!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! the pigments and lip tars looks AMAAAAZING!!!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some neat colors here, and I'm glad to read your review of the Lip Tars, too. Love that Glisten!

    Peace, Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely infatuated with the Lip Tars - I just bought some more:-)

      Delete