...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Farmaesthetics Sweet Milk & Chamomile Exfoliate for the Face

"Natural ingredients vibrate with energy. They have the power to restore balance & sustain your unique skin health.

In keeping with the traditions of American herbalism, each herb & flower chosen for a Farmaesthetics preparation plays a functional role. Each ingredient is there for a reason. The result is not just skin that looks healthier, but is healthier."

~ Brenda Brock, Farmaesthetics Founder
Farmaesthetics is a natural skincare line that has been garnering attention from the likes of Women's Wear Daily and TIME magazine, being named to lists such as "The Green Brands Defining Organic Skincare" and"Green Style & Design 100: The People & Ideas Behind Today's Most Influential Design".
I was unaware of all this, having discovered Farmaesthetics at Macy's online while browsing around a bit to find something to raise my total to qualify for free shipping.  Being on sale at the time (and no longer available via Macy's web site), in my bag it went.  I'm glad I stumbled across it!
There are 3 different variants of the sweet milk exfoliate series, but the chamomile one was the only one left so that's what I got.  It's for "restoring the glow of health to sensitive complexions", which I'm all for.  I would have also liked to try the one for balancing oily and congested skin, which contains orange peel.  I love how you can see the chamomile flowers in the mix, which is a simple formula of dried sweet milk, chamomile flowers, and fine yellow cornmeal housed in a glass bottle that reminds me of a milk bottle. 
I pour some of the sweet milk exfoliate on top of my bayberry Naturals breakout banisher cleanser and find that it becomes creamy - there is no grit here.  It's gently enough to use daily, or you can use it weekly as a mask, since milk's lactic acid makes for a good exfoliate.  I tried mixing it with just water and using as a mask with semi-successful results.  Too litter water and it balled up, but when I added more water it was too runny.  On the plus side, it does smell like sweet milk!

The sweet milk exfoliates retail for $25.50 for 4 oz. and can be purchased directly from the Farmaesthetics web site.  Committed to "Sustainable Beauty©", all Farmaesthetics products are 100% natural utilizing certified organic herbs, flowers, oils & grains from American family farms.  I'm interested in trying more of their products!

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this brand, it looks amazing! I am always on the lookout for non-gritty exfoliators, I am putting this on the wishlist for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this brand, but it seems like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a unique product and I've enjoyed using it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete