...

Saturday, September 8, 2012

BFTE Oranges and Candy Corn Eyes

Fall and cooler weather can't get here soon enough for me.  Maybe that's why candy corn kept popping into my mind when I was swatching these orange shadows from Beauty From the Earth (BFTE).  I recently ordered a sample collection of 16 colors and low and behold if orange wasn't one of the predominant colors I chose.  I hated the color orange when I was a teen, and now it's one of my favorite colors.  Funny has your tastes change.

Some of the colors look so similar in the pots, but there are some subtle differences.  The darker swatch of each color is using BFTE's Mix and Fix sealant, the lighter swatch is dry.
Wacky, Woozer, Mayhem, Old Time Taffy
Wacky is a soft sheer medium orange when applied dry, but using the Fix It medium is an easy way to get a darker opaque coverage.  There is a slight gold shimmer that becomes more evident the more you layer it.
Wacky
Woozer is similar to Wacky in color but has a pink shimmer that becomes more apparent when applied wet. 
Woozer
Mayhem is a yellow orange sparkle.  You can see some of the sparkle fallout in this swatch, so patting this on initially will help minimize glitter migration.
Mayhem
Old Time Taffy has more of a peach cast than Mayhem and looks a bit softer.  There are small glitter particles here as well, although not quite as much as Mayhem.  Applying them dry worked better for me than using the Mix and Fix sealant, which seemed to cause the glitter to concentrate in areas.
Old Time Taffy
Orange is opposite from blue on the color wheel, which makes them complementary colors and a good contrast for blue eyes.
I used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Barely Beige over my entire lid.  I used Mayhem on the inner corners and Wacky on the outer 2/3 of my lid and in the crease.  I then did a thin line of L'Oreal's Infallible gel liner in Bronze, topped with Lancome's Guest List on my upper and lower lash lines.  Mascara is Julep's Boho Glam.  I think of this look as my candy corn eyes:-)
Bring on the candy corn and cool weather please!

Disclosure:  I purchased these.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!!! Perfect for fall. They look great on you, not too many people can pull off orange shades like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a lot of fun playing with these!

      Delete