...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Empties! Products I Finished in August

I powered through a fair amount of products this month!  Some of these are my tried and true holy grail items like DHC's deep cleansing oil (reviewed here).  Love this stuff and have not been tempted away from it yet.  I've been using Moroccan Oil shampoo and condition for a couple of years now and really like it.  I mix in other products as the fancy strikes me, but these are staples and I have more on hand. 

I've also gotten attached to some First Aid Beauty products, such as the cleanser and facial radiance pads.  I wanted to repurchase the Fab Faves set I reviewed here, but it wasn't in stock so I got one that had a rollerball eye moisturizer in place of the cleanser.  I've got some other cleansers I'm working my way through right now, but I could easily see repurchasing the First Aid Beauty cleanser once I'm through with the current rotation.

I use the more gentle First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads in the morning and the more intense Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle pads in the evening.  I've already repurchased both (PTR was having a buy one get one free on the Un-Wrinkle pads and I couldn't pass that up) and will continue with this regimen, as it seems to be a good balance for my oily skin. 

I used up two dry shampoos this month.  The Oribe Texturing Spray I was on the fence about initially, as the fragrance was a little too intense the first time I tried it.  Once I ran out of Pssssst I used the Oribe again and found myself liking it.  During the day I would get a whiff of something that smelled really good and finally realized it was my hair!  I guess there's a reason why you shouldn't write something off based on an initial impression.  The pursed size Oribe spray is $19.50 and only lasted for about 5-6 uses, so I won't be repurchasing.  I'm quite happy with my $7 Pssssst, which smells fantastic.

The other standout from this month's used up products was a sample sized Murad eye moisturizer.  I really liked the gel like texture and thought it did a good job of hydrating my under eye area.  It's pricey though at $60 for half an ounce, so I'll be hoping for more samples. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, very impressive!!! The only thing I finished in August was a little bottle of tea tree oil lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got too much stuff, I need to make a dent in it!

      Delete
  2. I love my Pssssst dry shampoo. I like it better than the other brands and it doesn't leave a white residue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic! I read yesterday it's been around since the 1970's - I had no idea.

      Delete