...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

TokyoMilk Bon Bon Shea Butter Lotion in Kabuki

Some companies get it so right when it comes to presentation and packaging - and TokyoMilk by Margot Elena is one of them.  Designated as "objects to desire", this line of fragrances, body care products, lip balms, and candles appeals to both the eye and the nose.

For my first foray into TokyoMilk, I purchased a shea butter lotion called Kabuki.
"Unexpected essences are crushed & distilled then blended with extracts of Japanese Green Tea, Mimosa Bark & Dandelion and enveloped in moisture-rich Shea Butter to create this coveted treasure."

The fragrance features sugared grapefruit, lychee and sweet jasmine and makes me think of sunshine streaming through a window on a clear, cool day.  It's not overly sweet and has a bit of tartness to it - perhaps the lychee?  The lotion itself is of medium consistency and makes for a great hand cream, as it softens without leaving a greasy residue.  I'm a hand cream fiend, and Kabuki is one I'll be turning to throughout the winter, especially on gray, cold days.
I think these would make great hostess or holiday gifts and I planning on getting one for my mother for Christmas.  Ten different scents are available, including one called Dead Sexy, which I may have to get just for the name.  Not to mention the skull warning sign nestled in  flowers design.  These beauties need a vanity to be displayed on!
The Bon Bon Shea Butter Lotions retail for $20 and I got mine from beauty.com.  Sephora is also now carrying TokyoMilk Dark, which features more edgy and dark scents with names like Arsenic, Bullet Proof, and Tainted Love.  I recently received a sample of Tainted Love, which features dark vanilla bean, orchid, white tea, and sandalwood.  It's nice!

Disclosure:  I purchased this.
Beauty and Fashion Tech

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the packaging on this is absolutely stunning! I'm a huge hand creme junkie, I think I need to add a TokyoMilk one to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so gorgeous! The creator has two other lines as well, with more mainstream designs - still very pretty.

      Delete
  2. They have the prettiest packaging!

    ReplyDelete