...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lancome Nude Look Eyeshadow Quad

Top:  Daylight, Kitten Heel
Bottom:  Guest List, Gaze

I recently succumbed to another Lancome gift with purchase offer from Macy's.  I find them hard to pass up given the amount of items you can get, plus I decided to use many of the items for gift bags I'm putting together for Christmas.  Two color looks are available - Smoky or Nude - and I chose the Nude look.  From reviews I saw on Macy's site, it looks like everyone who ordered Smoky got Nude instead due to a labeling error, so I guess I made the right choice.

Macy's Lancome Gift with Purchase for August 2012
I chose Nude because I really wanted the golden peachy pink shade called Kitten Heel. Also included are Daylight (bone matte), Gaze (peachy beige shimmer), and Guest List (dark brown with bronze shimmer).  Lancome's Color Design Sensational Effects shadows claim a micro-aired technology which is supposed to promise "effortless application and smooth-gliding color that’s beautifully bendable".
I find that the Lancome shadows I've tried thus far are soft and easily blendable, but not spectacular when it comes to pigmentation.  They apply with a sheerness that I actually kind of like, as it makes for a really easy daytime or work appropriate look.  I did purchase one of the single shadows in Luring, a duochrome violet with blue-green shimmer, so I'll be able to tell if the formula differs significantly from the gift quad and the regular shadows.  Sometimes I wonder about that.
I used Daylight under my brow, Gaze on my inner eye, Kitten Heel over most of the lid, and Guest List over the L'Oreal Infallible gel liner in Bronze along my lash line.  An easy look, great for a morning like this when my head is wanting to fall off due to the pressure changes brought on by the advancing tropical storm Isaac. 
So, I traipsed off to work, only to arrive to an empty parking lot.  Turns out the University decided to close, but I didn't check my email since when I went to bed last night classes were cancelled but employees were still to report to work.  Oh well, gave me time to catch up on blogging:-)

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment