...

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stains in Sweetheart, Crush & Rendevous

From top:  Sweetheart, Crush, Rendezvous
Revlon has scored another hit with their Kissable Lip Balm Stains!  Their lip butters led to compulsive collecting on the part of many (raises hand), and these are proving to be just as collectable.  Somehow, I've even ended up with two Sweethearts.  I have no idea how that happened.  The lip balm stain fairy?


I did start slowly with these, with Rendezvous being my first toe in the water to see how they performed.  I find these to wear very comfortably, to not dry out my lips, and to leave behind a stain.  The darker shades perform better as a stain, but the lighter shades do leave behind some color.  

Sweetheart, a medium bright pink

Crush, a deep berry

Rendezvous, a soft orange
I'm sure I'm not the only only who likes to mix the shades together.  These are light enough texture wise that they are easy to blend, and the color combinations you can create from the 12 available colors are pretty darn varied.

Sweetheart and Rendezvous blended
The Kissable Lip Balm Stains are about $9, but with the various BOGO sales available, you can usually get them a bit cheaper.   I've seen questions on how these compare to other lip pencils such are Tarte Lipsurgences and Clinique Chubby Sticks, and I think these can hold their own.  My only criticism, and it's not even really a criticism but more of an observation, is that these are not complex colors.  You can jazz them up with gloss if desired, however, so no complaints from me.

Disclosure:  I purchased these.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like these! Crush is my favorite, love dark lip colors! I don't wear too much stuff on my lips, I really should start venturing beyond my normal lip balm =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crush was actually a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I figured it would be perfect for fall!

      Delete