...

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Nooni Snowflake Micro-Cleansing Balm

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Yes, I've fallen through the Memebox trap door.  I'm not unhappy about it, as I've definitely discovered some skincare products that I am enjoying, and Memebox often runs specials that make relatively inexpensive Korean beauty products (compared to Western brands) an even better deal.  I hauled some skincare items back in May, including this cleansing balm, and after almost 2 months of use I'm ready to review!
First up, what exactly is a cleansing balm?  Well, it's the solid equivalent of a cleansing oil, which you would use as your first cleanser in a 2-step cleansing regimen, followed typically by a second foaming cleanser.  I love my oil cleansers and DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil remains my favorite in that category, but cleansing balms are relatively new to me.
Nooni is Memebox's house brand, featuring products made with mineral-rich Jeju spring water from Jeju Island in South Korea. Mineral oil is actually the first ingredient in this cleansing balm, and I admit I've had to get over looking down my nose at mineral oil as an ingredient. I can definitely say I've experienced no problems from using it, and apparently unless you have a skin reaction to mineral oil, it works quite well at removing makeup, sunscreen, and other tough to remove products. Other key ingredients in this cleansing balm are Shea Butter, Citrus Peel Extract, and Lotus Flower Extract.  There is a soft floral fragrance that is not overpowering and dissipates quickly.
When I ordered they were running a special where you could get the cleansing balm ($23) and a sample size of their Sprout Smoothing Toner for $16.  Since I had just run out of my cleansing oil, in my cart it went.  Here is Memebox's instructions for use:
  • Step 1: Cleansing balm - It starts off with a balm texture that melts into your skin like snowflake. Cleansing balm allows for a mess-free, easy application.
  • Step 2: Cleansing oil - The balm turns into an oil as you massage into your skin. Cleansing oil is the most powerful form of cleansing that dissolves makeup, sunblock and oil-based impurities such as sebum.
  • Step 3: Cleansing milk - Massage once more with wet hands to emulsify the oil. Cleansing milk gently lifts away the oil and water-based impurities such as sweat and dirt.
The amount on the spatula above does a good job of removing my makeup, with the exception of a bit of mascara that is still left.  My second cleanser generally removes any remaining traces and my skin is left feeling clean, supple, soft, and ready for my night time skincare routine.  Since I generally only use the cleansing balm at night, I've got over half a tub left after about 2 months of use. Quite happy with the Nooni Snowflake cleansing balm and could see myself repurchasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment