...

Friday, July 8, 2016

W3LL People Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer: When a Product You Like Does You Wrong

W3LL People is a brand that I really want to like but have had mixed experiences with.  I want to like it because of the company ethos and their focus on natural ingredients.  I've got mixed emotions because out of the 3 products I've tried from them, only one has worked form me - their Expressionist mascara, which I also received from Birchbox.

The Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer in Light ($22.99) came in my May Birchbox, which I never got around to posting about.  Bio Correct actually started off on a really good foot as it packs some serious pigment and a little goes a long way.  I used it to conceal dark spots and blemishes on my face, and I was happily chugging along until a few weeks later when I noticed a larger than normal amount of blemishes on my face.
Hmm.  My skin had been looking pretty darn good prior to this outbreak, so I had to take stock and figure out what was different.  I also noticed that the blemishes were in more than one location.  They were on my chin, the left side of my face, my forehead....oh wait, pretty much all the places I had been using the Bio Correct concealer for the last few weeks.
Now, determining what causes an outbreak is not really an exact science, but I quit using the concealer and my skin cleared up, so I'm pretty sure it was the culprit.  And that makes me sad, because I liked it.  I liked the ingredients, but something obviously did not like me in return:
Caster Isostearate Beeswax Succinate, Coco-Caprylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Silica, Isostearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Glyceryl Behenate, Butylene Glycol Cocoate, Ethylcellulose, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceral Undecylenate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ceramide NG, Palmitoyl Hexapaptide 12, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Punica Gerantum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil*, Water Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Ginsing Root Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaris) Flower Extract*, Algae Extract*, Trihydroxystearin, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthum Gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin. [+/- Titanium, Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77492, 77491, 77499)] *Certified Organic
I plugged the ingredients into CosDNA, and most of them returned a non-offending low score of 1, but Cocos Nucifera Oil (coconut oil) brought back a score of 4 for acne.  So maybe that's the culprit.  Obviously, everyone's skin is different so Bio Correct could work like a charm for you.  I've gone back to my trusty Estee Lauder for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment