...

Monday, February 6, 2017

February Julep Maven Box: Cozy in Love


The theme of Julep's February collection is Cozy in Love, and it features 4 new shades of the It's Balm lip crayons. I decided not to add any more lip products to my already overflowing collection, and instead opted for another bronzer brush ($28) (love it, and can you have too many brushes?) and the No Excuses Invisible Sunscreen Gel. I did pick up one of the polishes from the collection, the deep blue Maylee.  Let's take a closer look.
Maylee ($14) has a an iridescence when it catches the sun, but it's true nature is more of an inky navy blue. This will be going on my fingers in the next day or so, so expect a review soon.
I've read some pretty good reviews on the No Excuses SPF40 sunscreen gel ($28), so I figured I'd give it a shot. After wearing it for about 4 days now, I've got to say I'm impressed. I love the gel texture, which leaves no white cast at all and absorbs nicely into my skin.
I haven't experienced any breakouts thus far, so fingers crossed that this will join my Andalou Naturals DIY Booster SPF30 Facial Serum and I'll have two favorite sunscreens. Considering how much I've hated wearing sunscreen in the past, that's saying something.
I also like that Julep includes the expiration date (6/2018) not only on the product but also on their site, so that you know how long you have before it expires prior to purchasing. There are a few ingredients in the mix (rosehip fruit oil, camellia japonica seed oil, love plant extract, melon fruit extract, sunflower seed oil) for enhanced skincare benefits:

  • Rosehip Seed Oil delivers essentials nutrients to soother and repair skin
  • Melon Extract* smooths, softens, and brightens skin
  • Camellia Seed Oil* moisturizes and stimulates collagen production
  • Oxalis Triangularis Extract (Jeju Island love plant)* protects skin against environmental damage with rich antioxidants
  • Macro-emulsion technology: The SPF actives in No Excuses are encapsulated into a vitamin-enriched essence-gel base, which preserves the maximum efficacy of all ingredients until the time of application.


* Sourced directly from Korea’s Jeju Island.
The full retail value of my box is $70, which is quite the deal for the $19.99 cost (I was grandfathered in at a lower price, lucky me) of my box. I also like that they included a sample of the Love Your Bare Face cleansing oil, as that will come in handy next time I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment