...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Andalou Naturals DIY Booster SPF 30 Facial Serum

I'm a reluctant sunscreen wearer, mainly because sunscreen formula + my skin = no bueno. However, I realize I'm doing myself no favors using skin treatment items such as retinoids and peels if I'm not religiously wearing sunscreen as well. So, I'm always in the market for a sunscreen that I at the least do not resent wearing. Best case scenario would be to actually like it. Enter Andalou Naturals DIY Booster SPF 30 Facial Serum.
First of all, I do find the name a bit confusing. Is it a sunscreen? A serum? A combination of both? Marketing lingo?
Based on the ingredients and box writeups, I'm going with a serum that is also a sunscreen.  I was also concerned that this would be too much for my oily skin, considering it's targeted for dry to very dry skin. I took a chance anyhow, and turns out it was worth it!
The consistency of the serum is on the thicker side and it dries down to a semi-matte finish, which was a pleasant surprise. I've been using this for over a month now and it has not contributed to any breakouts or other skin issues. It also works well under foundation and I cannot tell that my skin gets shinier any quicker than it usually does.
The formula contains both UVA/UVB sunscreen as well as 8 different superfruit anti-oxidants. I have no idea if fruit stem cells can actually renew dormant cells, repair damaged ones, or regenerate healthy cells. You can read more about stem cells in skincare products here if interested.  It certainly sounds good, but I know marketing hype in skincare is nothing if not effusively optimistic.
Regardless, I'm quite excited to have found an inexpensive sunscreen (~ $16-$20 depending on the site) that I actually like! I love the packaging (tinted plastic pump) and the 2 ounce bottle should last me about 3 months with daily use. I've also purchased some other Andalou Naturals skincare items I'll be testing during the month of March, so stay tuned!

Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis juice*, vegetable glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, camelina sativa oil*, lauric acid, fruit stem cells (malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex*, resveratrol ubiquinone (CoQ10), cyamopsis tetragonolobus (guar) gum*, zea mays (corn) starch*, grapeseed polyphenols, camellia sinensis (white tea), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopherol (vitamin E)
Non-GMO *Certified Organic †Fair Trade

No comments:

Post a Comment