...

Monday, March 14, 2016

Clarin's Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Red Berry

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been wanting to try Clarin's Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil ($25) for quite a while, so when I saw the new shade Red Berry on Ulta's site I decided it was time to take the plunge.
Clarin's is known for their plant-based oils, now included in a lip treatment that is supposed to moisturize lips while providing high shine. What they don't supply is much color behind a super light tint, although I was hoping that Red Berry would give a bit more oomph than the original Honey and Raspberry versions.
I'm enjoying the plush, oversized doe foot applicator, which feels quite luxurious when applying. The container is sturdy and has a satisfying click top which keeps me from worrying about leakage in my purse.
The oil has a medium to thick consistency that is somewhat tacky without feeling overly sticky.  I like the gloss it provides but despite all the oils, it's not as hydrating and comfortable on as I would like.  I'm very sensitive to dry feeling lips and while initially this feels hydrating, over time my lips still feel like they are craving more moisture.
Bare lips
Interestingly, I'm only seeing Red Berry at Ulta, so I'm not sure if it will be part of the regular line up with the original Honey and Raspberry. Since there is only the slightest tint that is virtually undetectable on the lips, it really boils down more to what color you like looking at in the tube.
I like this and will most likely use it over my Vincent Longo lip/cheek tints, as they definitely benefit from a glossy topper.  But for $25, there are definitely less expensive options out there that provide shine and moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment